Chapter twenty-six: Breakthrough

Cole's POV

I stared at the blackness in front of me.

I didn't know what to do. We were trapped. I heard the others coughing from all of the dust.

"Is everyone alright?" Ray asked.

I coughed, "Uh-er-yeah. What happened? What was that explosion?"

"I dunno," Maya said, "But at least one fact that it's not good."

"Is the Yang Blade still in place?" I asked.

"Yes son," Dad replied, "It's right here."

The Yang Blade was the only light in the area. Dad walked over to me then have me the blade. It felt comfortable in my grasp.

"Now we need to find a way out," Ray said, "We could suffocate if we don't leave soon."

"We don't need to dig," I said, "You have me. Let's see what this blade can do-"

"No!" Ray cried, "You'll kill us if you do that. You know the Yin Blade's power right? In case you didn't know, the Yang Blade does the opposite. Its power has the ability to destroy or kill instantly with a 3 mile range. There has to be another way."

I grunted, "Just let me do the smashing alright? Ninja-GO!"

I activated my powers then smashed through the debris in front of me. I then ran of then smashed into walls.

I had no idea where I was going. It was so dark. I only hoped that one wall will lead the way out. I smashed through every single wall. I head the others running behind me.

Suddenly, when I smashed through a wall, I had to slide in order to stop. There was a cliff right there. Ray helped me up.

"That was close," Ray said, "Now, it's time to head back to Ninjago City. I hope we still have time to get your friends."

I smiled, "Yeah, they'll be happy to see me....and...I hope Kai will be too."

"What do you mean?"

"Well...while you two were gone, I had...a few issues with your son lately. I overreacted and pushed him off the stairs. But Nya and Jay were able to push my feelings aside. They tried to help me then...this happened. I don't think they want to see me. I treated everyone like rag dolls. I have one big apology to tell when we reunite."

Dad puts his hand on my shoulder, "I'm sure they'll be super glad to see. The thing is...none of them are mad at you, they're worried about you, especially Nya and Jay. Zira told me Jay tried to protect you while you were out, but he wasn't strong enough."

"None of them are strong enough, Dad. Not even me. I'm not confident about this, but I know I don't have a choice. Besides, Kai's a jerk. He doesn't care about anyone be himself and his sister."

"You don't know that," Ray said "Kai is my son. I know him enough to know that deep down, he cares about us individually. Kai likes to hide his feelings when he knows he did something wrong. I don't blame him. Nobody likes being proved wrong. But to just let you know, I'm sure Kai is also worried."

I sighed, "Maybe you're right. But are we here to talk or find a way out of here?"

"Oh yes, right! We're waiting on you."

"What? Why?"

"We need you to do the Criss Cross spell."

"What?! But I don't know how! Dad, why can't you do it?"

"There's no time for this," Dad replied, "It's very simple son."

"Oh you- you lazy little f-why do I have to do it? This isn't fair! This is why I couldn't-"