Chapter twenty-three: Jailbreak from Hell

Cole's POV

I shivered in fear.

The things....the things they were showing me....it was a nightmare coming to life.

I couldn't look away. There was a helmet strapped to my head. I couldn't even close my eyes. My eyes strapped to stay open.

My hands, arms, legs and neck were held down two. My eyes were burning for not blinking them. Sweat streamed down my face nonstop. My grind my teeth in disgust.

I was forced to learn their ways. The lessons they were teaching me were horrible.  The slideshows kept going on. I didn't even realize that I was shaking in the chair.

One photo showed a girl being dragged then beaten to death, another showed cannibals going after a cameraman, third showed an old lady with her eyes getting plucked out.

This was worse than my worst nightmare.

I screamed in agony as the photos got scarier and grosser. Everytime the photo changed, the pitch of my screams would get higher.

I noticed my arms began to feel hot. Even though I couldn't look down, I could tell my powers were activated, the didn't effects the chains.

"Shall I turn it off soon Master?" The old ghoul asked.

"Nonsense my dear," Zira replied, "Keep it going. That means it's working..."

*********

The nights were cold.

The ghouls left to rest. I was still in the cage, shivering my butt off. My clothes were now rags. I felt like I had hair lice, since it was so itchy.

I stared at the black night sky, there weren't even stars either. It was so dark that I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face.

Then I was thinking....I'm gonna die here. What's worse is that it's only been half a day. A lot of thoughts raced through my head, like flashbacks and other stuff.

I thought about my friends, wondering what they're doing right now, hoping when they'll come to save me. I was really worried about them.

The thought that kept repeating itself is what's taking them so long, and I don't even remember how I got here in the first place.

Then I thought, do they even care that I'm gone?

Think about it. I yelled and attacked my dad, I ruined Jay and Nya's date by going along with them, attacked Kai because I lost my temper....

I'm a terrible friend.

What have I done? They don't wanna get me, after the way I treated them. Friends are suppose to get along with one another, trust each other and always be there for them. I still did them in particular, but in wonky order.

I had to face it. I'm never gonna see them again, just like Zira said. I'm gonna die and no one's gonna care.

I closed my eyes, picturing my friends in my mind. I remembered all of the good and happy times we had together. I've done I lot of good deeds in the past, before all of this happened.

Kai, the hothead. It took awhile for me to accept the error of his ways, but now I always enjoy his ego. Zane, didn't know he was a nindroid at the time, but we still have a bond none like any other. Lloyd, first I didn't like cause he was a little whiny brat, but when he became the green ninja, I knew in my heart I had to protect him with everything I got.

Nya, the second smartest one in the group. She's a sweet kid, always has our backs and somebody to make my day. What surprised me the most was when she became the Master of Water. That made me feel good, because our team isn't the same without her.