Chapter ten: Bad Blood

Cole's POV

What's happening to me?

It doesn't make any sense. My powers weren't acting weird before. Nothing happened when I was helping Kai and Nya with their past issues. And now that everything's back to normal, then they get out of control.

I needed answers. I have so many problems right now. First was the restaurant, I don't remember anything about that. Then I realized my father is hiding something from me, and now I can't look again because I have this stupid collar on.

I'm so stressed out. I don't know where to start. There's no way out of them either. And now thanks to that Ms. Know it all, Sadie, I'm gonna be punished for something that she's taking way too seriously.

I laid on my bed, looking at the black ceiling. I heard Master Wu and Misako talking about me. So I decided to creak the door open and take a peek.

"This is getting out of hand," Misako said, "It's already happened twice. What should we do?"

"Don't lose faith, Misako," Master Wu replied, "We still have time to prevent it."

"Are you sure?" Misako asked, "Between him and his temper, it seems that we have less. I don't know how much more Ninjago can take. One more outburst then he'll probably-"

"You're over thinking it," Wu said, "Cole is still in control, yet his power doesn't agree. But I believe in him. He is stronger than you think."

"Exactly," Misako protested, "Just imagine him using his powers against us. The others will be no match. We need to act quickly."

Master Wu stroked his beard, "Hm, perhaps you're right. But don't be afraid to tell them the truth."

"It's not them that I'm worried about..."

"Cole is just as equal as everyone else here. I know him well, I believe he'll be just fine...."

I couldn't believe it. They I have no idea what I'm going through. I shut the door then leaped onto my bed. I buried my face into my pillow and kept hitting myself at the same time.

"Not fine! Not fine! Not fine at all!" I screamed into my pillow.

Once I ran out of breath, I looked out the window. The stars were shining brighter than ever. There was one big star that will always be right in front of me, and I don't know why. That star was bigger than the rest of them. I got out of bed then looked outside the window. I smiled as I saw more stars than I thought there were.

I looked to the left and thought for a moment. My magic was beyond Master Wu's knowledge. I needed someone wiser, someone more strict and can handle anything I can do.

That person used to be my arch foe, and now he's an ally to me.

And his name is Master Yang.

Nobody else knows that he still exists but me. He sacrificed himself to make me a human again. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't even be here.

I had to get outside without being seen. So I used the window again. My collar started to beep. I felt it vibrating like it was warning me. I knew I had to get this thing off me soon.

I walked over to the fire area where I last saw him. I sat on the log then cleared my throat.

"Psst," I whispered, "Master Yang, are you there?"

There was no answer. All I heard was the crickets chirping in the night. I called out again, still nothing.

Suddenly, I heard a soft howl and a breeze appeared. I saw a green light glaring like it was the light of a ghost.