Chapter twenty-five: The Missing Piece of the Puzzle

Cole's POV

Ray stared out into the wilderness.

I heard thunder rumbling inside the cave. Flashes of lightning brightened the place. I walked over then stood next to Ray. I looked out into the wilderness. A storm was coming.

"We've been camping here for awhile," Maya replied, "We know how the weather is here. This...is not a good sign."

"What's the matter?" I asked, "It's just a little rain. How bad can it be?"

Ray and Maya both stared at me like I was trying to make a joke. I forgot, this is The Shadow Realm. Things are a little different here.

"Maya, go make some protection for us, it's the only way," Ray said.

Maya nodded her head then she took out a bag filled with supplies. She started to make some kind of umbrella.

"How long will it take?" Dad asked.

"Hopefully before it starts pouring," Ray answered, "For now we can just stay inside."

"What's going on?" I asked, "Why is Maya making stuff for us?"

"Trust me kiddo," Ray puts his hand on my shoulder, "This rain here, it ain't water. If it touches you it will spread toxin into your blood stream of worse. And you don't wanna know the other part."

I shivered, "O-okay, so what do we do?"

"Well we all know for a fact that you don't wanna get wet. The shield that Maya is creating, is a substance that can absorb abnormal organisms. We need to get you home quick, boy. This is important that you have to face."

"I know that," I said, "At least I can get to my friends. They must be worried sick. They'll be so happy and relived that I'm okay and safe."

"Er-sort of," Dad said, "We can't reach your friends yet, we need to get that Yang Blade before you can contact them."

"Okay, where is the Yang Blade?"

"In Arlo's Tomb not too far from here."

"Wait, my ancestor has a tomb?"

Dad nodded, "There's another side of the story. When he inherited the lava punch that you have, he got carried away with it. When the First Spinjitzu Master tried to take his powers, he took him as a threat. He battled him with everything he got. Not long after Zira was sent to the Shadow Realm, Arlo was placed in a tomb to starve to death."

"Yikes," I sighed, "Okay is that shield or whatever finished yet?"

"Just about," Maya replied, "Ray sweetie, can you hand me that hammer over there?"

"Of course," Ray walked over then gave Maya the hammer.

"Okay," Maya whispered, "Just a few more....done!"

"Alright everyone," Ray said, "Let's head out. We need to hurry before it starts pouring."

Maya handed me my part of the shield. Dad stood next to me with the same thing in his hands. Once Ray and Maya were in front of us, we started to head out. When I was outside, it was the thunder was louder than before.

"Stay close," Ray said, "It could start any minute now."

I looked up at the sky, the clouds were pitch black. It kinda gave me chills. The lighting was either bright red or bright violet. It was cool, yet scary at the same time.

"Son of a..." Ray whispered, "Come on! We don't have much time!"

Suddenly, it started pouring. The liquid was clear or white. I looked around me and saw the plants and trees were beginning to glow.