Chapter 39: Lasts.

There it is...

A royal off-white dress. It was so me. IT WAS WHAT I WANTED EXACTLY! I stood there staring at the mirror and moved forward.

"She doesn't like it. I told you." Kaylin frowned as I gave no expressions out. I stood close to the mirror. Off-white, off shoulder, detachable skirt dress. It was perfect. Lace, crystals, details. It was just perfectly done for me. Alaria Mitsch. It was ball gown style, just perfect in every way and the detachable skirt gave it the perfect puff. This is the dress that I had always wanted to be wearing.

"This is gorgeous." I teared up... Typical bridal tears.

"UGHH! Stop being so dramatic." Natalia hit me and I hit her back. I hugged Nur and mom.

"Thank you, SAM! I love youuu... YOU are the BEST!" I ran to her arms.

"Okay, Ms. Derinoglu, you need to chill."

"My sister is still a Mitsch!" interfered Pal.

"Let's meet after two weeks," Nihan answered and they both starting arguing. When is Pal leaving again? The wedding can be tomorrow after this. I kept planning and planning for what seems forever but this was best. After that, I took the dress like a casual customer and went out for brunch with them. We had many ladies chats. Can called me in the middle of that all.

"Honey, listen."

"Yes, yes." He was out of breath.

"I just saw a place and it's perfect. Perfect, Alaria. Seriously, perfect for the wedding."

"Where is it?"

"Where are you?"

"Near mall of Istanbul."

"Ohh, it's like an hour away, almost."

"I can't come. I have a very important meeting."

"Okay, pictures?"

"Definitely not. Wait, I'll ask Kaylin to manage that and I'll come." I texted Kaylin and after five minutes, she informed that it was done and I could go. I left and arrived in 55 minutes with my GPS. He stood at the door and from the look of the place, I loved it. FOUR SEASONS hotel. Okay, what should I expect? Someone was standing next to him, welcoming me and introducing himself. Ayaz bey. We all walked together to the ballroom, turns out it's outdoor! Yet, everywhere was luxurious, the lobby and the service. Okay. I like this... The weather was good enough for the wedding to be held outside. The place was perfect, guys. In every way. Suddenly came the stairs, I stepped to realize I was going to go down these stairs. Do I imagine it like this? Maybe not, but I like it better than that place although all my imaginations were set to that palace. The wedding planner stood at the end of the way and introduced herself. Merem, nice. There was a sample table in the middle, round, white with every single color ribbon around the seating. And, a thousand things on the table that I didn't know what to get from them.

"Took me a while to find someone who speaks English," said Can and smiled at me.

"These are our samples, the roundtable is totally flexible to change. These are the colors that we offer."

"No, I do like the round table. But, the colors, I prefer the gold or silver. No other colors." At last, we settle on the gold and start planning more, the table cloth, centerpiece, napkin organization, number of chairs. As we chose gold, we chose a gold little vase that was square in size, glittery with a mirror underneath it and small candles all around it. The plates were chosen with gold edges and the napkins were set to be a napkin ring fan. The dance floor would be in the middle, tables around it, a mini stage for us to sit on and we discussed the stage area. I wanted a square frame only and it actually would look amazing, yet simple with the chaise lounge sofa that would be also white while the colors of the flowers would be cream, peach,  and white, different kinds of flowers as a backdrop. Everything was gathered up all of a sudden, I loved the place. Can hugged me from the back and stood there not allowing me to move.

"Get away." I tried to move away but his hug was too tight to move my shoulders even.

"You forgot one very important part." He pointed to the corner. Oh my god! I did forget about it! I moved forward as he unwrapped me. I stared at the painting standing and the tools. This was something we both wanted in our wedding, a painting as our framed picture forever. He didn't forget. I turned to him to find him filming me.

"Shut this. I'm sure I look ugly, no please."

"I want to show this to our kids in the future. Your mom was a freak to showing you everything. Framing moments."

"Our two kids."

"Come on, don't be offensive to our four kids!" He raised his eyebrows and I hit him, running away from him not to hit me. We then started playing that game again. He was still filming everything.

"Stoppp!" I shouted, as he approached the phone camera to my face so closely, "Can, I'm serious right now. Stop!"

"Four!"

"Two!"

"Three!" We both screamed at the same time.

"We need to stop acting like small kids before getting kids!"

             The days were just passing and passing. Non-stop. What is life? I only woke up thinking of colors, this material, that material, the organization of this and that, the decorations, this works, this doesn't, a maybe, no, yes... I had to dream about it. Funny, I know. I woke up at 4:00 am. I held my phone and found 324 WhatsApp notifications, the result of not checking your phone for 2 days straight. Many were from my friends in the USA and some were from the ones here. One was very specific from a girl who I was so close to me university time.

"How long has it been since I talked to you? You might even have forgotten me among the life you lived. Kamlyn told me about everything that has happened. And, may god keep all your friends blessed. May god rest him in peace. Moving countries is a huge thing as well. Same human, same feelings, but nothing else the same. Stay safe, my friend. Send me all the videos girl or I'll kill you! May the next year be filled with small hands joining your hand, laughter in your house and moving from a house to a bigger as the family grows... Hug yourself for me and call me when you can." 

           Did I have the right to feel so emotional about this? God... Whenever I think about how close that day is and how days are passing faster than ever! The days passed faster and faster, work, work, work and unfortunately, no honeymoons first because the fashion show was so soon and I wanted to be up to date with everything. I worked a lot in those days to destress and because there was actual work. I stayed till 12 some days working on random bits and pieces. I never thought that the idea that was put on a table months ago with my friends in her Persy's house would turn to this, three branches. I slept for the last time on that bed and went to the apartment for the last time, last time having dinner with the girls and lasts that are endless. Sometimes, we feel like at the start we'll never get over it, but then it becomes routine, then, when we reach the last, we realize that we love it. This was the last time, I turned off the lights, wrapped myself up in my cozy bed, alone and turned off the lamp lights and put my phone on the charge with my eyes almost shut in the same room and there was when I slept.