Chapter 22: Evan And I...

"Good." I smiled and winked at him.

"Would you like a nice, energetic lunch after this rushy morning?" Yusuf suggested.

"I would love to, but I told them we had a meeting."

"It will be fast, I promise. There is a restaurant by the end of the road. Come with me and I'll drop you back here. There is a charger in my car." He got me. I walked with him to his car and sat in the passenger's seat. The first thing I did was charge my phone and thank Yusuf for the millionth time, and he told me off for the millionth time. The café contained mainly homemade food and sandwiches that were tempting. I ordered a tuna salad sandwich and wild berry ice-cold smoothie which were too good to be homemade. I switched my phone on and called Can.

"Missy, where were you the whole day?" Can asked breathlessly like he was running a marathon.

"I'm sorry, my phone was out of charge and finding a charger and stuff. It was a very fast and stressful morning."

"It's fine, Al. I was a bit worried, but why was it stressful?" After he asked, I told him the whole story about my charger and work, he was a bit irritated about Yusuf but he held it well.

"Say hi to Yusuf." Yusuf smiled when I told him.

"What about you, what did you do this morning?"

"Oh.. Nothing work, meetings all day and shit. I've been busy."

"Don't you need to be working instead of talking to me now?" Yes, I see he's very busy! A smile filled my face with happiness at the thought.

"It's fine, they'll manage. Talking to you is way better than the boring meeting with straight-faced people. Sometimes, you just have to pass it." A throaty laugh came out and it was weird to hear it even.

"I love you, man." The words left my mouth and it felt so spontaneous without thinking.

"Alaria?" Can joked like I never said it and I rolled my eyes, Yusuf stared at me with a smile and a questioning face. I shook my head for assurance and he continued eating while listening to us talk.

"What are you doing after work? Can we meet?"

"No, I....."

"Wow! That was direct." Can was shocked by my 'No' because it came out rude.

"I mean that I can't because Kamlyn is leaving today as you know and I'll drop her to the airport."

"What time?" I don't even know what time.

"Night. I don't know when."

"Okay, we'll make it tomorrow." Do I have anything tomorrow? Yes.

"I can't tomorrow, I'm seeing Kaylin and Jenny, we haven't had a girl night in so long."

"What is up?" Can said in frustration.

"What?" A chuckle escaped.

"Why can't I see my fiancé? I see your life is fully scheduled, Miss Alaria."

"For you." This would give him a shut-up-I-am-giving-you-a-unanswerable-answer.

I don't find any difference in my relationship with Can before months and now, it's that we know each other more only. The only hope I have inside me is for this not to ware away anytime soon. I wanted to live a better life like this one, friends, stability, Can, future, work and the things that I made better in the past month even if he wasn't involved. That's what I was telling Can about, I found my life without him good and not as impossible as I thought, I wasn't dying for that guy, but he made me better and more completed, or confident if ever said. Why did I get back to him if I was good without him? I'm not with Can because I need him but because you find your missing thing in someone and we're all keen to be complete, he did the last piece of my puzzle and the picture was perfect.