Chapter 14: Marriage.

"Can, stop, just stop. Stop, okay?" My hands left the knob and I stepped back.

"Alaria." His voice lowered.

"No 'Alaria's anymore. Nothing. Just don't come to me, call me or look at me even. Don't you want me to be better now?" I asked while he walked a step closer and I walked on further, appearing to the hallway, to everyone.

"Alaria." He spoke again.

"Can, I'm being serious right now. Just stop. This is not making me okay." My tears were forming again and my heart was shrinking, suffocating me.

"Why should I stop?" He walked a step closer and I walked a step away, more obvious to them.

"Because, I don't want to be near you," I said and my heart grew smaller as the distance between us. I walked further away and my head hit the wall so my eyebrows joined in its pain.

"Are you okay?" His hands traveled the back of my head and he rubbed it like he was messaging it. Gather yourself, Alaria. Gather yourself. They are looking. Daria is looking. Yusuf is looking. Jenny is looking. Kahaan. Nat. Kam. Fiyam. Evan. Ali.

"Can." I closed my eyes and sighed, trying to stop the pain.

"Missy, look, I don't care if they are staring at this right now. They know what I want even. What you want even. I care about your well-being in this current moment and nothing else."

"I'm good," I said in my lowest voice, barely hearable.

"Can I tell you something?" He said in the same voice like he really doesn't care if they were listening. I just closed my eyes and nodded.

"I'm almost crying for the love of you, Alaria Mitsch." He smirked and the first thing that comes to my mind is hitting him so I swatted his arm and hit his chest. He laughed and placed his hands on his chest.

"I hate you." I hit him again and my foot hit his which created nothing but a laugh from him.

"That's the best you could get." He came closer to me while I was still hitting him, I promise if I wasn't sick I would've hit him hard enough but I serious had no energy to fight. One of his hands pulled me closer so my hands froze exactly on his chest. He kissed my forehead while I was tried to back away.

"Can, I'm being serious." My face traveled to the other side and all I could see is happy faces while there was only one expected expression mixed with it, shocked face. Yusuf was smiling.

"I'm serious as well." He held my hand.

"No, you don't get it. I'm being serious." I pulled away with all the left force I had.

"I am being serious." He laughed again and Nat's laugh could be heard from meters away.

"Being near you is hurting me, right now." The words spoken and never taken back, forever. His eyes diluted and no blinks seemed to appear on them. Nat's laugh vanished from the room and I heard her gasp. The fever was killing me at that moment.

"Yo-o-ou want me to leave?" His veins were showing again.

"Yes." I sighed with no feelings hitting me at that moment.

"Can, let's say I passed this for yesterday and I passed seeing you with her. Every day, every time we'll hang out, you guys will be hand to hand. Maybe, worse than yesterday. If was not Alaria, I could have held this, but I'm Alaria. Engagement is never followed by any path either than marriage." My words hurt him and I knew it, but if you were Alaria, you wouldn't accept it. No, I cannot accept it because I love him as much as he almost loves me.