Chapter 19: Date...

"Can, this is sweet." Can was standing in his dark blue jeans, white shirt and blue jacket that added formal inclusion to his outfit, he looked better than ever. The thing that made him perfect in all aspects is the flowers in his hands that were a bouquet of tulips including white, purple and baby pink. Next to it was a box that was transparent, so I could see a croissant and pancakes. I hugged him tightly, but he didn't hug me back because of the bouquet and the box. I slowly pulled the box from his hands and diluted my eyes.

"This is why you hugged me, isn't it?" He joked and I put the box away, hugging him again. Something entered my brain today that I felt romantic. It's the mood maybe.

"Why did I wake up at 9:30 am?" I raised an eyebrow as we walked to the car after I grabbed the flowers and box.

"Because I was awake since 8, makes sense?" He asked and I nodded. I wouldn't do that if I was him. No sleep, literally. He drove silently which I closed my eyes to relax -totally lies, I wanted to nap-... It felt like seconds when he woke me up and I looked around to see a mini place that looked so cute, it was so small and colorful. My heart pumped faster and excitement replaced sleepiness. We entered the place and my fingers traced the displayed food, it looked delicious. Just a note, the box was still untouched by me in the car. I ordered a carrot cake with a latte for breakfast and he ordered some pastries.

"Do you not talk when you wake up?"

"Umm... I don't know. I never realized till now." My smile was broad as I tasted the cake that tasted delicious.

"What do you want to do today?" Can held my hand that was free as my other hand was busy munching the cake and then I shrugged as I had no ideas.

"Okay, we'll see how it goes after breakfast."

"Brunch. Adding to that, it's not today, I want to go to work." I noted as he shook his head no.

"Kamlyn is taking your place." His hand left mine and he smirked.

"What is going on?" I asked and he threw his head back in laughter.

"Heyy. I'm serious."

"Sorry, nothing. I want to spend time with my lady, is it not possible?" Thoughts drifted through my mind. Am I really over him? I wanted to leave and go to work. I didn't want to be around him. Okay. Maybe I'm not over him really, but I am afraid of being hurt by him again. I forgot him, but I'm not over him if it makes sense. The way he is looking at me makes me know this time is different. I was staring now at the guy who I've known for six months and he became the biggest part of me, but the furthest. I cannot say the problems made me hate him or in need to be away from him, but I just think they made us understand what we mean for each other. Is it early to say 'us' instead of 'me'? Am I ready to be with someone else? What if it was something that end in two days? No.

"You're cold towards me, Alaria. You've been long ago." Can was staring at his plate as he ate and said this. Am I? I realized that I was messing my cake instead of eating it while thinking deeply.

"No." I briefed and didn't feel like arguing.

"Never mind." He washed the conversation off. This is where it stuck me to know.

"No, tell me. Please." My beg was baby-ish.

"Alaria, I don't think we are ready for this now."

"We cannot pass things and keep them in our hearts and then say not now." I almost shrieked.

"This is why I don't want to talk, you turn like a dangerous person who will hurt me as we talk. You burst in any second and you're glaring me more than looking at me these days. Fine?" His breathing was rapid and fast as he finished speaking, he said it at once.