Chapter 36: Another Chance?

"Look, I'm honestly not staying for long, I'm here only for Nur and the rest. I have no intentions of getting back to your son," Mert minimized his gaze at me and smiled, "I'm tired of fighting non-stop with you, I need some rest from this all. Don't consider me like your daughter, no one said so. But, don't hate me thinking I want your son's money. I, and from the bottom of my heart, love someone this much in my life. I cried over someone for days. I didn't do that ever even when I fought with my parents. I have spent four years of my life alone in one house, no money, no food sometimes, no people to hug and no one to lean on. But, this, only this is making me weak. I cannot spend the remaining days of my life with Can who sees anything I do as selfishness... Hate me. If it will make you better... You won the war. But, this time, I put the flags down." I bawled to him and turned to...

"I understood long ago that you wanted that. When I cut the bank money off Can's, I realized you seriously love him. I shouldn't have tested you like that." What is he even talking about? Did he stop Can's bank account? When?

"I'm sorry.." I turned to leave and.... Dramatically, Can was standing and smiling at us both. I walked past him to the room I currently call his. I took off my clothes and changed to all in black, tights and plain half-sleeved shirt. I was tucked up in bed and thinking. Why the hell would he do that? He never told me that his dad did that. What was hiding more under these roots? Ten minutes into the silence, I heard footsteps and then... his scent filled my nostrils and I felt like home was in my hand. Out of nowhere, I wanted to cry.

"Alaria, can we talk?" said Can and waited for an answer, "Please?" He waited, "Ughhh... Fine.." I couldn't hear any more voices till he spoke, "Good night, Mrs. Derinoglu." This made tears fall down my eyes to the pillow as I slept.

"Why did you always see my love not enough?" I asked the question with hitched breaths in between.

"Alaria, never thi..."

"I loved you to the level of trust. I hate myself for that. Everything is turning out to be a lie."

"My dad cut off my bank account." mumbled him.

"But, you never told me." I couldn't hide the fact that I'm crying as I sobbed. He still couldn't see my face and it made it better already.

"I..."

"Be honest with me for once. You believed that I would marry you for money and lied to me." I could hear the air condition's sound echoing around the edges of the room.

"Yes." My ears heard him and my heart shut. I felt like I was inside a pool swimming and took that moment inside there. I imagined everything, but not this. By the Eiffel tower listening to music. In a Starbucks cafe in New York. At L.M's in Seattle. By the sea in the Maldives... But, not in a bed, almost dying from physically, psychological and mental pain and hearing truths after lies.

"But..."

"But, I love you." I sobbed again, forcing myself not to sob.

"Alaria, I feared to lose you. I feared to have to go through two ways: to either have a huge debate with wanting family or love, or to have to be left from a fiance who wants money."

"This is why it's so disappointing. You think of me as a station, like I'm not staying. You thought I would leave you for money like you did."

"I didn't leave you for money."

"In the days you spent hanging around with every girl, I was dying to hear your voice. I don't want this again, but I would live this again than sit in this room and have to be like this with you. We cannot be back together..."

"This is the bad part, you think we cannot.. But, even my dad wants us together now and the only obstacle is ourselves."

"Do you want me to humiliate myself more and keep this? Tell me another lie and I will believe you, but you always end it with I love you."