Chapter 21: Work Crisis

The first thing I smiled to the next morning was a shine of a ring in front of my eyes. Adding to that, the rainy day today which is a good fair one. Nothing can ruin my mood today. Nothing, even if I lost this ring, okay... Maybe, yes. Yesterday stuck like a dream to me, being engaged. Mum. Mum was the first person who came to mind. I held my phone to call her, but it was out of charge so I ran to Natalia's room as mine broke the other night for no reason. Natalia was lying in bed with Kamlyn across her sitting, they both gasped and Natalia jumped off the bed.

"Did he propose?" Natalia's eyes were shining more than mine and the curiosity was building on her features. I put both my hands back and pulled the ring out of my finger to prank her.

"What propose? Can?" My lips frowned to hide my smile and she hit her forehead like she was giving me the idea.

"Nothing, forget about it." She turned back to bed and looked at her phone. Awhh, she's cute but I had to fire back and Kamlyn apparently for being against me in the whole game. Okay, I know when to tell them. I sat cross-legged on the end of the bed and started a conversation casually.

"How was work yesterday, Kamlyn?"

"It was pretty okay, I didn't enter the office at all, I stayed looking around between the designs and chatting to the group, you did well, bravo!" She squeezed my cheeks and pulled back when she saw me glare.

"Do I need to go today?"

"Well, you didn't pass for one week because of Baresh's wedding so give it a pass for finance and upcoming processes." Foreshadowing.

"I want to hang out with you." My tummy rumbled, in need of food. No. I need to do that thing.

"You'll come back to the USA with Natalia, got me?" As she was threatening, I stood up and went over to the kitchen as they both followed me.

"I'll boil eggs and put the beans in the pan. You'll do the rest." I pointed to both of them and went over to the toilet after putting my phone in charge. I pulled the ring back to confuse them and pursed my lips not to laugh. I brushed my teeth, took a fast shower, went to my room and pulled my formal clothes on. It was a V-line, split maxi dress that was teal and what better than off-white with it. I know I wear white a lot, but can't help it, it makes my tanned body a thousand times better and white is white. My coat was off-white as well as my Ted Baker purse. Finally, my shine was my ring and only. The last look in the mirror, nothing left. Makeup, as usual, light pink lips and thin flick eyeliner. I curled my hair with the hair curler and brushed it to give it the perfect wavy-curly look, silky hair issues. My usual Coco Chanel perfume and beige nail polish to make my nails a bit more decent than before.

"Alaria, last call," Kamlyn shouted from the kitchen so I held my coat and purse to throw on the couch as I eat. As I appeared to the living room, Kamlyn winked when she saw me.

"Dressed for a party?" Natalia mocked.

"Oh yes." I threw my head back in laughter.

"Come see what I did before I leave." I looked at the dining table to see a well-done breakfast, pancakes, Nutella, jam, boiled eggs, honey, bread, beans and a lot of weird food mixtures on the table. My plate was filled soon with beans on toast with some boiled eggs rather than scrambled and I couldn't care less.

"Today is the last day of the series. I won't be here to watch it." Kamlyn pointed out again.

"Well, I'll send you the link. Back to American series! What do you think?"

"I like both. Turkish series make me kill time more, they are longer." Kamlyn was rambling now, okay? I eyed Natalia for a second and looked back at my food. Natalia choked on her tea and drank it fast to a cough.