Chapter 2: Breaking...

"Hi." My voice seemed more of like a whisper.

"Are you okay? Is everything fine?" For sure he will ask when it's almost three in the morning and my voice appeared to be like a meltdown. His voice doesn't appear raspy as always so he isn't asleep and he is in the US still because if he wasn't he would have been now on a flight and this phone turned off.

"I don't know." Wait! What?

"Yes, I just wanted to check on you."  I basically messed the whole thing up and I just hear his gasp and I feel like it comes off like a sigh of disapproval. I opened my mouth to speak, but he spoke before I took the action.

"Why didn't you sleep?" His voice seemed as soft as always which is not good at all. It means that he has always treated me well as a sister or a friend, not because he was in love with me. I realized that I left his question pending so I answered as soon as I was done with my overthinking and freaking brainstorming thingy.

"Time difference." I briefed.

"Same." He answered more briefly. Is it supposed to be that weird? It's stupid to actually call him. What came to my mind?

"It's fine. You don't need to worry about it." He basically answered my thoughts making me almost freak out that he would be around.

"Where are you staying?" I basically seemed desperate to have a conversation at 3:00 am when we just fighting almost five hours ago.

"At a hotel where I stayed before with Josh and the other guys." Oh my god! Josh! I should meet him. Here are my thoughts and ideas flowing in the middle of the weirdest situations in my life.

"Cool. Suit yourself and enjoy here before you leave." The words basically come out like 'live your life and stay here because I want you around and I won't meet you. Sorry, not sorry.'

"Thanks, you too." He said in a doubtful voice and he giggled at some point.

"Are you really seriously staying here?" He said just before I was about to disconnect the call, it came more of like a begging wish.

"For a while. Just for a while, Can. I'll be back." I don't know why I wanted to reassure him, but it makes me comfortable to make him aware.

"Reall.. Okay then." He broke him 'really' that was initiated happily but then turned seriously.

"Aha, good night." I just answered him.

"Good night, Al." Ughhh. Stop calling me 'Al'. It's getting me. I disconnected the call not to make anything crazy. I hit my forehead and started cursing myself for my obnoxious attitudes. After that peaceful moment I had with him, I forced myself to bed and slept directly.

I had the weirdest dream that night, the most unwelcomed one.

"Honey. I bought you your unnecessary belongings." I heard Can teasing from the back while I was chopping the vegetables for my stir-fry.

"F*** off." I laughed loudly, feeling my voice lost from happiness. He laughed along with me and then, I suddenly turned and saw that his face has turned unhappy and a frown was drawn instead of a giggle.

"What happened?" I tried to tell him, but my voice doesn't appear.

"Not now. I cannot." What? It must be a thing that has happened before.

"I have to leave you and go just like Malik and everyone does." Is he leaving me? I basically started shouting, but no voice again. Damn it. I started sobbing, but it was like I cannot or he cannot see me. He just placed a shining thing with a white paper on the table and disappeared. I took the letter and threw the freaking, weird diamond thing over it. It's Malik's will. I basically jumped out of bed when I woke up, my whole body lifted from the bed and back to it. Sweat had taken over my whole body and I could feel the salty tears and desperate in my sobs. I'm alone again.