Chapter 18: Mini Surprise...

"Hmmm... That day, you came to surprise me and stuff as I was so upset. I realized how important I was to you as you worked to make me happy.... You?" I asked back.

"That day Kamlyn told me that you liked me and I laughed at that, but she didn't know I like you back." He raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, where would you want to be right now instead of here?" I asked, looking straight into his clear blue eyes.

"Home." He said and I couldn't hide the smile that he gained from me. It meant when he said 'you are home'.

"You?" He asked me and I asked myself my question. Where do I want to be?

"One and a half months ago," I answered. He sighed and forced his forehead on mine.

"I would go long before I knew Daria and would marry you to give my dad no other choice."

"Next question, who am I?" I asked and smiled.

"You are someone... No, you are a miracle that entered my life and gave me both magic and poison. You make my mind blown just when you enter the room and act it cool. I look at you sometimes like a blessing, like you are unreal because you are too perfect. You are a lady, the only lady who managed to wear black tonight and look the best, you are beautiful and you cannot see yourself like I do. You are the lady who I stare at for hours but fear to tell her that I love her till the last bit of my breathing. You are the only person who I did everything I didn't want to do, I left drinking, I stopped going out because you don't like it, I stopped staying out of the home. I cannot even look at any girl, look. They became ugly in front of you. I reached to a moment where I see life is hell without you. I love you, Alaria Derinoglu." He ended his words and they came out slow and careful.

"I love you, Can Derinoglu." I smiled and he kissed my forehead.

"Can you remember we are in your brother's wedding?" I said and he shook his head.

"I only remember that today is the last day. I love you."

"What do you mean by last day?" My head raised and my eyes met his.

"I told you, 27th of March."

"I told you, we are friends." My head lowered in disappointment. Is it simple? Should I become with him again when I'm that close to giving up? Am I giving up on him? I am.. I've been busy maybe. Maybe, I'm not angry anymore which means I don't love him anymore maybe? I do love the man standing in front of me, but not the man who will change in a matter of days. It's easy to try to forget than forgive, but I'm doing both which makes it hardest. We are friends, yes.

"If you don't accept this, then this is my last promise, my last forever."

"Don't put the whole weight on me, please." It feels a different taste. Maybe, because a long time has passed. YES, one month is long, 30 days, 30 days of suffering to forget someone is too much. It's not.

"You wanted distance. Just distance." His brain was bringing back my words.

"Come." He addressed Daria and made me leave the hall with a concern on Nur's face. Daria came out the hall after us, cross-armed and Mert followed her, he laughed when he saw us.

"So, you called me for this." Mert chuckled.

"Mert, stop." Daria stopped him and he answered without saying anything.

"Bitti mi?" Daria asked in Turkish which means: Did it end?... Can nodded and she pulled Mert, leaving the place.

"What?" He was staring at me again.

"I promised you a ring that would be worn on my finger to be yours and this is not yours, so..." His hands slipped the ring out of his finger. I opened my mouth in surprise and held his wrist to stop him.