Chapter 1. A New Home

Start from the beginning

I heard the door open downstairs, My mother plopped luggage down and let out a sigh of exhaust. "Lila, Daniel, Please come get more of your luggage." She yelled up the stairs. We both walked down and grabbed our belongings. I turned and was about to walk back up but heard my mom call after me. "The moving truck should be here soon, Why don't you go pick a room now?" I smiled and nodded. "That's what I was doing." She laughed. "Alright then, Get to it." I walked back up the stairs with my luggage. Daniel already was in his room with the door shut, I heard him talking to himself. He must be playing with his action figures. I shrugged and walked down the hall past each room. "Hmm." I said while walking past them. "No, No, No." I said walking past each room before I came across the last one. It was a pretty decent size, Not too large or too small. I smiled. "Yes." I went inside and set my luggage down by the wall inside.

The room had blue paint in it, A very dark blue. The carpet was still its standard grey, Like the rest of the house. The only room's without the grey carpet was the tiled kitchen and the bathroom. I walked around the room, I noticed there was also a double door closet. It was black. I opened it slowly. It was white in the inside. I shut it and smiled. "This isn't so bad." I Say will looking down at my shoes. I was tracking mud, Oops. I sat down and began taking them off, As I did something caught my eyes. I blew a strand of my blond hair out of my face so I could see better. A decent sized faded red splotch was smeared on the grey carpet.

I set my shoes aside and used a finger to scratch it with my nail. Was this, "Blood?" I spoke out loud. it was defiantly blood, But how? Before I could think I heard a truck door slam and our front door opening. I heard a deep voice speak. "GoodDay miss, We are here to assist you." The voice said. "Oh good, Thank you for all your help." I heard my mother say. After this I started hearing furniture being moved in. I drowned out the noises and looked back to the red splotch. I'm a curious person, I needed to figure out what happened. I decided to search the room.

I opened the closet and searched the top of it, Nothing. I searched the floor of it, Nothing. I sighed,frustrated. I let my eyes trail down and that's when I saw it. A small compartment with a pull up string in the floor board. I reached for it and pulled it up, A little scared of what to find inside. A bloody head? Weapons? Im not sure. I set the top of the compartment aside and dug my hand in slowly. I felt paper. I pulled it up. It was a newspaper article. It seemed a bit strange Some of it was torn up. A splotch of a black ooze substance was smeared on one corner of the newspaper. I opened it and a long article was circled with black marker. It read:

2 found murdered in local household today.

It showed my new zip code and address name meaning this had happened in my house. I panicked and read faster as my breathing quickened.

A boy and mother were killed today, The culprit has not been found and there is no evidence what so ever. Police say that the case has gone cold. The only evidence they have is that the other boy that lived there, Jack Miller, Has been unfound. Police don't know if he was taken or killed or may be the culprit.

The rest of the Article was crossed out with the same black marker. That name, Jack Miller sounded so familiar. I began to shake a little. I noticed there was a picture for the article to, It was a picture of a boy with brown hair in it. It was labeled, Jack Miller next to the boy. He looked so familiar. The only thing odd was the boys eyes in the picture, Someone had taken the marker and drew black circles in them with some ooze coming out of his eyes. I held the newspaper tighter that's when it hit me.

Flashback~
__________________________________________
I sat in a sand box alone. My blond hair in tiny pigtails, 8 year old me. I wore a hoodie and jeans with some combat boots. I was building a castle, A castle where I control everything. I was humming a small song. I heard walking and I looked up seeing a boy my age In front of me, His green eyes almost covered by his brown hair. I smiled at him. "Hi, Wanna play?!" He didn't respond right away then he let a small smile appear. "S-Sure."

He sat down in the sand with me on his knee's and helped me build my castle. "What's your name?" He asked looking at me. I looked back and smiled. "I'm lila Marie!What about you?" The boy fiddled with the sand before speaking again. "I'm Jack Miller" Jack smiled at me. "I like that name!" I said going back to my castle. "I like yours to." He giggled and helped me.

Soon after it began to rain. And our castle started to fall. "Oh no! Our castle!" I squealed. Jack shrugged. "It wouldn't last forever, C'mon." He said taking my tiny hand and pulling me up with him. He flipped his hood up and flipped mine up for me as well. I giggled. He started pulling at my arm making me walk with him. "Where are we goin'?" I asked skipping along. "Let's go to my house and sit on the porch and dry off." I smiled. "Yeah!"

After walking we made it to his house and he let go of my arm and sat down. I sat down with him, My pigtails flopping around. Jack stared at the ground and scuffed at the pavement with his sneakers. I scooted closer to him in a Playful way. "What's wrong Jack?" Jack looked up, His green eyes locking on mine. "I have to move to California tomorrow..." He sighed. "Well why are you sad?! California sounds fun! It's warm and sunny-" he cut me off. "I'm going to miss it here though." He sighed again.

I frowned. He looked back at the ground and we listened to the rain for a while. "Plus, I just made a friend, I don't want to loose my only friend now." I knitted my eyebrows. "Who's your new friend?" Jack looked at me again and this time made a small smile. "You." I smiled back. "We are friends?" He nodded. I giggled. "Awesome!"

All the sudden the door opened behind me and me and Jack turned to see a woman which I guessed was his mom. "Jack let's go, We are gathering our things." With that she closed the door. Jack gave me a sadden look. "Well I guess this is goodbye." He said in a depressed tone. "Oh don't be sad, You'll always be my friend!" I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him. He was a little shocked at first but soon put his arms around me and hugged me back. "Promise?" He asked pulling away. "Pinky promise!" I replied back, Taking my pinky and wrapping it around his. He looked up and smiled and I smiled back.
End of flashback~
__________________________________________

I was breathing heavy now and sweat poured from my face. This was insane, It was unreal. I heard footsteps come up to my room. I quickly shoved the papers back in the compartment and closed it then closed the closet and stood facing the door. It opened and my mother stood in the hallway. "The furniture is all set up in the living room and kitchen, Why don't you relax downstairs while they set your furniture up." I nodded and created a fake smile. "Yeah sounds good."

"Are you feeling okay?" My mom asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said with my fake smile as I slipped past her and walked down the steps and into the living room. The couch was set up against the wall and a flat screen TV was set up in front. A black coffee table stood next to the couch and a black table in front of the couch. I walked to the couch and laid on it. This was crazy. I lived in Jacks house where his mother and I'm assuming his brother were murdered. But what ever happened to jack? There were so many things flashing in my mind but I needed to sleep, I'd figure it out tomorrow. I shut my eyes and began to drift off into sleep, Listening to the ongoing rain.