31. New beginning

"What a miserable thief you are. It's a miracle you haven't been kicked out of the Thieves Guild yet."

The woman in front of me commented.

"No way..."

I said, still not believing my eyes.

"Is that really you, Frais?"

The woman raised her left eyebrow and smirked. Everything on her was the same. Her golden hair, half tangled in braid and half disbanded. Her silver eyes were both sharp and friendly. Everything was the same. Just as it was three years ago.

"Solros? Have you been hitting skooma?"

I shook my head and laughed. I could hold myself any longer. I hugged her tightly. She laughed in my ear making it ringing and returned the hug.

"I thought you are gone."

"Solros, you know nothing can stop me."

"That, my dear, I do know."

We stopped hugging eachother. Cold winter wind combined with warmness of Riften messed our hair.

"Come! Let's go somewhere warm."

I offered.

"I am quite sure you are not welcomed at Bee and Barb."

"That lousy inn is not the only warm place."

"Then where is it? Ratway?"

We laughed again. I missed that gentle sound. Like bells in the evening.

"It's a house of local Thane. He's been travelling a lot, but his housecarl is rather...kind woman, if you know what I mean."

I winked. She winded her eyes and prepared herself to say something.

"Solros, you naughty boy."

We walked toward the Honeyside. I quickly knocked on the door. I could imagine Iona's strong footsteps. A red-haired Nord opened the door and smiled. But her smile faded away when she saw Frais next to me.

"You are not allowed to be here."

She said in a cold voice which replaced her usual a bit gentlier. I frowned and smirked at the same time.

"Now, now...Iona, I am just asking for a favour. That's the least you can do for me. After all, you owe me."

She lowered her gaze to the ground and sighed sharply.

"Fine. You have one hour. Thane will soon return. If he catches you here, you'll end up in jail or worse. And I will not be able to do anything."

"Oh, don't worry, honey. For cases like that we have Thieves Guild."

I said. She left without word. Frais and I entered the house which was rather small but comfy and nice. And warm. And that was the most important during this beautiful Skyrim weather.

"I thought you said Thane was travelling."

Frais said after she sat on the chair. I sat right next to her. Fire from fireplace enlighted her face and her golden hair seemed like it's full of flames.

"Yes. I did. But the bastard obviously decided to return and rest his lazy fat ass in Riften a bit."

She laughed. Well, I said the truth.

"You don't quite like him, do you? Why is that? Something from the 'work'?"

She asked. Of course, she meant on Thieves Guild whose member I was now for a year, maybe year and half.