17. Trip

Before Morpheus left the Sanctuary he shouted me that he will be waiting outside, at the main entrance. I quickly put on my black and red armor and grabbed my bow. I made sure to take a quiver full of arrows. Who knows what is he up to. Also, I didn't forgot to pack up ebony sword I used yesterday. Maybe I could practice a bit more. This time on a real example that I am able to hurt and kill.

I rushed to the Black Door. As Morpheus said, he waited for me outside. He had two horses prepared, all sadled and ready to go.

He looked at me than back at the horse which was next to black one. It had light hair, beige. Smart black eyes were looking me.

"Yours is this one. Her name is Frost. She is endurable."

He said, pointing at the lighter horse.

"What happend to my mare?"

"Sitha borrowed her."

"Great. I wonder when are we starting to share our undergarments."

"Be quiet, Riekling."

I sighed and jumped on Frost's back. Morpheus jumped on black horse. Only now I have noticed his horse had eyes red as blood. They shined like stars. It looked beautiful and deadly at the same time.

"This is Shadowmere. The leader of Dark Brotherhood always rides that horse. He is invicible. He is the Void."

Morpheus explained. I raised an eyebrow and turned my gaze away from horse. I looked at Morpheus.

"So, basically, you're telling me that my horse can die so I can die too."

He raised his eyebrow, mimicking me. Though, his gaze was I suppose, colder than mine.

"You can take it that way."

He said and gave a sign to Shadowmere to star running. I followed his lead.

"Where are we going?"

I asked after we were now, further from Dawnstar. I noticed we are heading to south-west. I didn't know where exactly we could be going. Solitude? Morthal? Even Markarth?

"Hush! I'll explain everything when we get there."

He hissed. I frowned. I didn't like that. He was too secretive. Is he afraid I'll run away if he tells me where are we heading to? I hope not. I would never run away. I am a part of family now and back then, when I had Dawn Bringers as my family I clearly remember how we never let down eachother. Even if I wanted to leave them, I can't. It's like a deep root in my heart that tells me never to let down people who care for me and I care for them. But, honestly, I didn't know if I really care for Dark Brotherhood. I suppose I do.

"Solitude?"

I ask him. I was now riding next to him. He looked at me, not turning his head. Just eyes. I think he even rolled them.

"Hm...Morthal?"

He smirked now and shaked his head. I continued bothering him, not carring if he'll get mad.

"Markarth. Definatley Markarth."

I said, trying to sound the most annoying I ever was. He turned his face towards me this time.

"If you keep going on with this I will presonally choke you with Black-Briar's mead."

"So it's Riften?"

🔸🔸🔸

After a long ride that lasted three more hours, we finally stopped. We were near Falkreath.