21. Cold

Coldness of Windhelm immediatley made me miss Falkreath and Whiterun. It was almost colder than in Dawnstar. That's probably because of the wind. The wind carried large snowflakes and smacked my cheeks. They were eather pale as snow or red as frozen roses. My nose was always red whenever I was cold. I hated that.

Fortunatley, my equipment included mask which went over my lower region of face, mouth and nose. It kept me warm, less recgonizable and more creepy than I already am in those dark robes.

The guard let us in without any questions. I found that quite strange. But after I heard the next thing he said, I changed my mind.

"Psst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis!"

As soon as Morpheus and I entered the city we were welcomed by the group of three people arguing. Two Nords were insulting female Dark Elf. They were clearly not happy by the fact how many Dark Elves lived in Windhelm. Tch! Stromcloaks. I don't know who I hate more. Imperials or Stormcloaks.

We passed by the two annoying Nords. Now I heard exactly what they were saying. They were complaining how Dark Elves polute their city and do nothing for Stromcloaks. In other words, they are racistic trash. So is Ulfric Stormcloak. He is smart enough to never say that but everyone knows he believes that Skyrim belongs only to the Nords. Maybe I am Nord but if that's the way I should act as Nord, then I am ashamed to be one of them.

"So, what's the plan?"

"We are going to rent a room in local inn. It's getting late so we could work on plan tomorrow."

"I agree."

"Good."

We walked on slipery and cold stone. It was covered with ice and snow. Fresh snow. It was snowing a lot. A lot more than in Dawnstar. I'm starting to dislike this city. It is cold, full of war and blood. It is dark.

Suddenly, we found ourselves at the entrance to Candlehearth Hall. We entered the inn and soon all of the coldness was replaced by stunning scent of freshly cooked food and good breed of mead. Snow on my hood started to melt so I let it fall of my head. Morpheus talked to a brown-haired woman and gave her a small bag of gold. She handedn him the keys and smiled offering him food and drink. He just nodded and murmured something. He walked back towards me and led me to the room.

Warmth of the room suited me. I was glad to finally rest in warm bed.
There was one bed in the room. Did Morpheus pay for two rooms?
Obviously, one of us will sleep on the bench.

"You rented two rooms?"

I asked. My voice was a bit cracked. Great. Maybe I'll catch a cold here on this lousy weather.

"No. I don't have enough money. Don't worry. You'll sleep in bed. I said before that I don't sleep much."

"Why? I really think you should rest. Even if you are chosen by those Daedric Princes as you say, you are still just from flesh and blood. Tiredness affects you."

"Maybe you're right but even if I wanted to sleep, I couldn't. There are a lot of things to do. We have to examine the city. It's streets and places where guards walk around. And also we have to create a plan. I can do that while you are resting. But I doubt I can rest."

"I can go study the city and you can rest until I return."

I suggested. He raised both of his eyebrows. Two long lines formed on his forehead.

"Are you sure?"

"You doubt me?"

"No. I just don't like someone else to do that."