11. Dark Brotherhood

Suddenly, I stood on a high mountain. Wind slapped my face and chilled my bones. Loud roar spread through the sky. I look up to see a huge golden dragon flying in the sky. Tips of it's horns are pitch black while the scales below are almost white. It's eyes shine like a fire, fading between golden shine and bloody sunset. It looks down, on the mountain where I stand, but not in me. It watches a tiny dot which slowly turns into a human-like shadow. I look back at the golden dragon. It shouts through the sky. Echo fills my ears. I look back at the place where the shadow was but I see only snow. Like it was never there. Then a loud roar tenses me and makes me look back into the sky seeing a pitch black dragon with silver horns attacking the gold one. They stuck their claws in eachother bodies, wings, stomaches...everywhere. They seem like they are stuck together when they start falling into abyss, but in the last moment they let themselves go. But this doesn't stop their fight. They continue when suddenly a golden dragon pushes black one on me. I run. I try to avoid the massive body of a dragon but I know I won't. I can't.
I open my eyes immidiatley. My hair is damp and I feel sweat dripping of my skin. I was lying on a bed in an unfamiliar room. I sat straight up and look around. The walls are made by smooth grey stones held together by wooden coulumns. On the right side of the room there are two more beds simmilar to the one I am lying on. I can hear fire cracking in the small fireplace on the left.

Slowly, I try to get up but my legs still feel like they are asleep and I can't walk normally. Only now I realize I have painful headache. But my sight is not blurry. Also I have bandage on my arm where my wound is. I can feel also something soft on my throat. Whoever took me here, seems they took care of evey inch of my body that was wounded. I was thankful for that, but I had a strange feeling this was not just a favour.

I try again and this time I fully stand on my feet. Just when I started to walk, on the door appeared a small girl that couldn't be older then ten. She stopped seeing me standing and rolled her eyes. She was carrying a plate full of potions and small plants which I have never ever seen.

"Lay back, you idiot. You'll open your wounds."

She hissed putting the plate on tabler next to my bed. I obeyed her but not fully. I sat on the bed.

"Where am I? Who are you?"

I asked her when she pulled my hand. Too strong for a ten year old girl. She didn't look at me but I could imagine her irritated face.

"You are in Dark Brotherhood sanctuary. Our leader brought you here. That's all you need to know. I think it's better you talk to him once I'm finished here."

She started unwrapping the bandage. She cleaned my wound. I winced at a sudden pain but her strong hand did not let me pull away.

"You are too strong for a ten year old girl. Who are you really? Or may I ask, what are you?"

This time, she looked at me, smirking. She answered in her high, childish voice.

"I am just a poor old girl whose parents were killed by Dark Brotherhood and now they hold me here....very accurate story, isn't it? Well, truth is that I am older then you. Older than anyone in this Sanctuary. I was bitten by a vampire merely three hundred years ago. Vampirism tends to keep one remarkably...fresh. My name is Babette."

"Oh...well, nice to meet you, Babette. I am-"

"I know who you are. Dark Brotherhood knows everything. Right, Runo?"

I gasped. Seems like they know almost my every secret. How is that possible? How foolish I am. This is Dark Brotherhood. If they don't know everything about everyone, who knows?

Babette finished with cleaning my wounds and wrapped clean bandages. She tossed me a small red bottle.

"Drink this. You will feel better."