25. Answers

"Where's Morpheus?"

I asked finally. For the first time in my life I saw a sad gaze on his face. It was strange, but somehow suited him. Who knows what's his history.

"In his room. He didn't left it since he returned. He talked only to Dar'Zirno. I tried to eavesdrop their conversation but I couldn't hear anything clearly. Only muffled sound of Morpheus' shouting."

"And did Dar'Zirno something tell you or the rest of the family?"

"Yes, he did. Morpheus set him as a temporary leader of the Sanctuary."

"What? Why?"

"We asked the same question but Dar'Zirno told us he doesn't know."

"That's a lie. I'm going to talk with Morpheus."

I said and got out of my bad. Cicero tried to stop me but I ignored him.
I soon found myself in front of the Morpheus' room. I was just about to knock on the door when a black fury hand stopped me by grabbing my wrist. I turned to face Dar'Zirno. His lava eyes were peaceful as usual.

"Let me go."

I hissed. I felt bad for talking like that to Dar'Zirno but I had to talk to Morpheus.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

He simply said refering to both ideas if letting me go and my plan to talk with Morpheus.

I calmed down a bit and relaxed my hand showing him I won't try to enter. He still didn't trust me. He was smart.

"Why?"

I asked finally when he released my hand.

"It's not wise to be around Morph when he is in foul mood."

"He is in foul mood mostly because I messed up. I need to talk with him. I would be a coward if I tried to avoid a conversation with him."

"Sometimes you have to step back to stop the destruction."

"What are you talking about?"

"I am saying that your appearance would only ad oil on fire."

I felt my ribcage burning. I never felt anger like this before. That's probably because I was still lost in everything that happend.

"Now back off."

He said with stern voice. He maybe didn't mention that but if he is now the leader of the Sanctuary, even though he is temporary he can still comand me. And that includes punishment.

"Fine."

I said and sighed. I turned on my heel, leaving him. But I stopped when he spoke.

"I will speak with you later today. Now, please, go rest. You are still weak."

I nodded and returned to my room. Cicero wasn't there anymore so I sat on my bed in silence until Babette arrived. She changed my bandages and restitched my wound. It wasn't fatal but it was deep enough to leave a scar. I didn't care about that. Scars were like memories. Memories of heoric battles or just stupid accidents.
The rest of the day was calm and boring. Cicero brought me some books to read but I couldn't concentrate. The guiltiness was eating me. I still thought I should talk to Morpheus, but I listened to Dar'Zirno's advice. I also wanted to hear what he has to say to me.

🔸🔸🔸

All of the assassins were in Sanctuary. Some of them were already sleeping, some of them were still talking and drinking. I was just sitting in my room, starring at my untouched food which was cold now.