Prologue

The book by my bedside began to vibrate, waking me from my slumber. It was 5:55AM in the morning, my alarm telling me it was Tuesday. It's been about two weeks since that book's vibrated. Yes, that's right. Vibrated. What I wish for, is to be able to visit them again. Having those adventures made me feel like I was living the dream of my life.

This book, well, it's kinda complicated. It's personal, but on a level way beyond personal. This book has helped me change ever since I found it.

Most of my days are spent meddling with my 'toys', hanging out with friends and taking my book all over with me, reporting everything I did that always reminded me of what we all did together. My friends were always wondering why I carried the book around with me. Not always, but the topic came up often enough. Well, today was their lucky day.

The day they'd learn about my adventures. And how I'd somehow managed to go from internally wounded in a coma to a fully healed guy in seconds. They were a little perplexed at first by the language I'd not noticed I'd been writing since I ... *ahem* 'appeared' after the incident.

I still find it hard to believe that I was stuck there. I smile, not noticing I've walked straight past the table that my friends were sitting at.

"Hey, Rhyan!" I hear my name call me, snapping me out of my mind. "Get your butt over here!" I see my friends behind me. I mentally facepalm a wall, as I turn around and sit down with my friends.

"You still have that book on you?" Asked Becka, my friend I sit with in my science class. She's always had an interest in biology, sometimes bringing in a pet after getting permission. Her shyness, well, reminds me of another friend.

"This thing?" I respond whilst tapping the book, with an honest smile. "It's what i want to tell you guys about. You see, I've kinda--"

"Youbasicallyjustwanttotellushowyouwerestuckinsomeparalleluniversewhereyoumetsomenewfriendsandhadlotsofadventureswiththemwhilstyouwerestuckinanotherdimensionforalmostayeartryingtogetbacktothisworldandalsowanttoexplainhowyouwereabletogetbackandfindthatbookandkeepintouchwithyourfriends." Interrupted Electra after pulling a huge breath of air in, smiling sweetly. My other friends all stared at her. My jaw dropped after she smiled. Aurora spoke up after a few seconds of silence.

"I'm pretty sure that's not 100 percent true." She responded, her southern, country drawl thick as she spoke. Making me smile at recognising again, yet another friend from the other world.

"Oh," I said, still surprised at her words, but letting a big grin spread across my face. "I'm pretty sure it is 100 percent true." My book vibrated again. This time however, I didn't hide it. I was a bit curious to her rapid response, reminding me of yet another close friend. "How did you know?"

"Just a hunch." Electra replied, shrugging and playing a noise from her phone. I instantly recognized who she attempted to impersonate, and laugh. She laughs with me, thinking she just made me laugh.  So do the rest of us. 

"Uh, why's your book doing that?" Asked Jesse, pointing at the book. "Is it some new device doohickey or something?" Jesse loved arts and fashion. She ran a small clothes store for the campus, ever since the art teacher saw her potential.

It's funny, how I can now see the similarities between my friends and those from where I was. It brings back some good memories. I snap my attention back, when I notice that they're all looking at me, waiting for a response.

"What?" I ask, bemused, before realizing what Jesse had said. "Oh right... The book. " I lean forward, hesitantly, as I then open the book up. It stopped vibrating, and glowed a little as soon as I touched it.

"What you're about to read is a language that took me a good month or two to understand. A language that shouldn't exist in our world, yet it does. Can you understand that?" I say, with a hopeful smile on my face.