60

When we finally break off, I look again into Michael's eyes, feeling things I've never felt before. A small part of my brain notices that one of his hands is sneaking up slowly underneath the sweatshirt he gave me, and goosebumps follow in its wake. I reach down and pull off the shirt, stopping his hand in surprise. I place the shirt carefully behind me on the sand, making a nice place for me to lean back on without getting all sandy. Michael gets dragged down with me since his hands are trapped beneath me. He inhales sharply, his top half falling slightly on top of me. His gaze is intense, as he carefully repositions himself so that his hands support him on either side of my head. Slowly, he lowers his lips to mine.

I kiss him back, automatically holding him, one hand on the back of his neck and the other on his back. Slowly, his lips travel downward from mine, kissing me on the cheek, then down the side of my neck. I shiver, as a feeling I've never felt before travels through me. I had no idea his lips could make me tremble like this. I find my fingers twined into Michael's hair, and involuntarily gasp as Michael stops his trail of kisses. I open my eyes to see Michael smile at me in the darkness, his eyes glinting in the moonlight. He brings his mouth back to mine.

I suddenly want to make him feel the same way I already am, feeling things I've never felt before. My instincts take over before my brain can really register what they are. I roll us over, so that he's underneath me, and I straddle him. I shake out my hair so that I don't get any into his eyes, then I fall onto my hands beside his head. He watches me, his face hard to read. He reaches up and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear, although it's pointless to try to tame it when it's undone like this.

"Have you ever done this before, Amanda?" he says softly. I shake my head slightly, watching him. His expression doesn't change, but his hands brush down the sides of my body, leaving a tingle in their wake. His hands find my hips and rest there for a second. Then, he pulls me down to him.

He doesn't kiss me, just leans my forehead against his. His eyes watch mine, and I am aware of my heartbeat racing. My breath feels heavy, and I close my eyes, trying to calm it down. Slowly, I feel Michael move, taking his time to roll us over again, so that I am underneath him –so much for staying sand-free. He lies on top of me, pressing so close I can feel him all down the length of my body. I shiver at the pressure, but accept his mouth on mine. I have no idea how to express the feeling I have inside of me.

Suddenly a voice speaks close at hand. We both freeze for a second, then Michael lifts himself up from me on his hands, gazing around in the dark. Moving with as little sound as possible I look to my left, where the voice seemed to come from, but I see nothing. Another voice speaks, although the words are indistinguishable. Michael slowly, carefully, rolls himself off of me to lie beside me, and I look at him, feeling my heartbeat race. I don't recognize the voices as they continue to discuss something unintelligible. Michael doesn't look at me, clearly intent on trying to be quiet and listening to the strangers in the darkness.

I find Michael's hand beside me in the darkness, and run a finger over his palm. He turns toward me, but I can't see his eyes because of how the moonlight falls around us. Michael's hand closes around my finger, and I hear him take a deep breath. I can feel heat radiating off of him, and edge closer. The voices are starting to fade away in the dark, and Michael turns his head in their direction.

"Michael," I murmur, making sure to make as little noise as possible.

Michael's hand opens around my fingers, and I draw a circle in his palm. He turns back to me, and I feel his eyes on me, even though I can't see them. I've moved close enough that our bodies are touching each other again. He pulls my hand up and interlocks his fingers in mine. He tugs on my arm and I follow, ending up on top of him, straddling him again, and staring down at him. My heartbeat races, and I am breathing heavily. I forget about where we are, or who is out there. I want him in a way I've never wanted him before, and it scares me and excites me at the same time. Michael's hands come up around me and I fall toward him, finding his mouth in the darkness.

Slowly, Michael rolls us back over, and I appreciate that he carefully avoids crushing me in the process. He pulls away from me, watching my eyes. I watch him back, not really able to see past him, or think completely coherently with his eyes on me. The feelings inside of me right now are unlike anything I've ever thought I'd feel. Michael's eyes bore into mine with such intensity, making me swallow. Slowly, his hand comes up and he hooks a finger on the top edge of my shirt, the strapless top I've worn and continually pulled back up into place all day. He looks at me questioningly. I stare at Michael before I can answer him. I can feel the butterfly in my stomach, but I'm not sure if it's excited or nervous.

I have no idea what Michael has done before, just how far he might have already gone with a different girl. But he hasn't seemed unsure this whole time. No one has ever wanted to do this kind of thing with me before, and the fact that he does makes my eyes light up. Michael's eyebrow quirks at me. I exhale, trying to force myself to calm down a bit and see what I really want to do.

Michael's hand hasn't moved as he waits to see what I want to do. I feel a bit calmer as I process that information; he will not do anything I don't want to do. I stare into Michael's eyes, feeling the butterfly soar slightly.

"Okay," I say, and clear my throat as my voice comes out huskier than intended.

Michael's eyes light up, and his mouth curves up into a soft smile. Carefully, with all of his attention, and clearly taking his time, he rolls down my shirt. It's lucky this shirt doesn't require a bra, or else I'd have to think about him taking that off too. I watch his eyes as he uncovers pieces of me no guy has seen before. His hand, warm in the coolness of the night, makes me shiver, as he places it on the pale skin of my breast. Michael looks at me, and I look back at him, realizing I'm holding my breath. I exhale, feeling the butterfly in my stomach fluttering more slowly.

I reach up and place my hand on the back of his neck. Slowly I pull his mouth to mine, kissing him slower than I've kissed him all night. I feel him respond in the same way, and know that we have both arrived at a point where we don't have to rush anymore. His lips curve so easily along with mine, and I wonder at how easy it is to kiss him, especially when a few days ago I had no experience at it.

The hand he has on me begins to move slowly, and I tremble under his touch. I can't tell if I'm surprised, or pleased, or something else. I feel my breath coming faster, even though his lips are on mine. His hand explores my chest, and I continue to tremble, finding it hard to concentrate. His mouth leaves mine, but I continue to kiss him, my lips travelling over his cheeks, which are slightly rough from stubble. I travel down his neck, and then back up to his ear, and across his eyes. Slowly I find my way down his nose to his mouth. We both open our eyes, and share a second of excitement and surprise at seeing another person like this.

His lips move away from mine, and slowly pass down my neck and over my collarbone. His mouth travels southward, and all I can think about is what he is doing to me. He replaces the hand he placed on my breast with his lips, and I close my eyes with a gasp. The world recedes away from me, and all I can think about, all I know, is here and now.

!! Things are getting steamy. Hope you're enjoying the story :)