30 » oxford blue

Vanessa|Hayley

"I have a problem."

"What's up?"

"Brendan wants to meet me."

"Ew no! You're already progressing to the dating stage!"

"Nessa! Be serious. I need your help."

"Ugh. Fine! So go meet him! What's the problem?"

"Wh-what?! I can't just go meet him!"

"Uh, yes you can."

"No I can't."

"Why not?"

"It's just... I mean, what if-"

"You'll be fine Hayley! It's my brother we're talking about here."

"It's not that. What if... What if his opinion of me changes when he meets me in person?"

"Why will it?"

"Oh, I don't know Nessa! I'm not a very friendly or entertaining person, am I? So what if it does?"

"I'm more than a hundred percent sure it won't. You're absolutely gorgeous and kind and yes, a bit snarky at times but otherwise nice company. My brother will be an idiot if his opinions for some nonsensical reasons do change and he won't be worth your time."

"Do you think so?"

"Yes of course! Trust me, the only thing that'll be happening when you guys meet is him falling for you."

"Nessa! It's not like that! We're just friends!"

"That's what they all say. Anyway, whenever you do decide to develop feelings for that douche, tell me so that I can mentally prepare myself for the torture that will be your PDA."

"That's never going to happen, you know."

"Just wait and watch Hayley. Just wait and watch."