8 » chrome yellow

Brendan|Hayley|Matt

"Hi there."

"I'm going to assume you have no other business than to initiate conversation with a person you called by MISTAKE."

"It's called making friends. I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it..."

"Do you need something? Because I'm not really interested in being friends with you so if there isn't anything other than that..."

"Wow. Hayley. Are you always this subtle?"

"Wow, person whose name I do not know. Are you always this sarcastic?"

"Brendan."

"What?"

"My name is Brendan."

"I didn't ask, but okay."

"I bet you're doodling my name over the pages of your books right now."

"Really?"

"Don't be ashamed. It's okay. It's not your fault that you fell for my sexy voice."

"Narcissistic much?"

"Very."

"You wear your self confidence like a cloak, don't you?"

"Cloak? Really? I think I'd rather prefer a leather jacket."

"Let me guess. You drive a motorcycle and use loads of hair gel?"

"Don't classify me into a stereotype, Hayley."

"But you do, don't you Brendan?"

"I may or may not own a motorcycle. But that's about it."

"Told you."

"What about you Hayley? If I'm your stereotypical bad boy, what are you? The good girl?"

"I'd like to think I'm the nerd with a mean streak, but my grades are pathetic to qualify for that."

"You're still studying then? God, I hope you're not in high school or something, else this will transcend into different levels of weird."

"How are you so sure I'm not 15 Brendan? Maybe I brag about my college boyfriend in school to become more popular as I put everybody else around me down. I mean 'like oh my gaawd my college boyfriend is soo hot. He even wears a leather jacket and drives a bike, like oh my gaawd.'"

"Boyfriend huh? Also, that was a horrible impersonation."

"I'm 15. I make up excellent stories. And shut up, it was on point."

"Yeah, you're definitely not in high school."

"Thank you."

"Which year are you?"

"Excuse me?"

"In college."

"How do you know I go to college? Oh my God, you are a stalker, aren't you?!"

"Really, this again? It was just a guess, because you said your grades were bad and you're not in high school so..."

"Oh... But anyway, why should I tell you? Seriously, I'm not yet convinced that you aren't a creep."

"The ways in which you wound me."

"Hey man, Chrissy's here."

"Aah. So Hayley, I'm going have to go."

"I'm assuming that's the girlfriend."

"For once, you're right."

"For once? When was I ever wrong?!''

"That's a whole other phone call by itself. Anyway, I gotta go. Bye."

"Kay. Bye."