♡Chapter 24 ~ Knowning

Monique’s POV

            Everything was going so fast. I just woke up just to be picked up by Harry, running through the hotel room. He was running so far that everything was a blur. The only thing that I know is that we were being under attack.

            We were now running down the stairs, I was feeling really anxious, I don’t know why, but I had a gut feeling. Something is going to happen and it won’t be something good or bad. Maybe good for some and bad for others. No one will know till it happens.

            “Harry, what’s happening? Who is attacking us?” I mumbled my face on the crook of his neck. The strength of his cologne was very strong, he uses too much. But that’s how he likes it; I can’t say anything about it.

            “Do you still remember the flashback?” he asked, his face holds a frown. Focusing on escaping on whoever or whatever is attacking us.

            “I do, I only woke up from it about, what? 2 minutes?” I replied, of course I do remember, and it’s something I won’t forget even if I tried.

            “Ok, ok. Do you know why your father wanted us to get married?” he asked, running through the hotel door and towards a black car.

            “Um not really. Why?” I said, confused about where he was going on with this. He opens the passenger door and puts me on the seat, then closes the door. I look at him running to the driver’s seat, getting in slamming the car door with so much force I’m surprise in how the window didn’t break.

            His breathing hard, trying to catch his breath. He started the engine of the car and looked at me. “Your father is the one who killed you and the one who turned me into what I am today.” With that he started driving.

            Silence it what filled the car, right now. None of us was talking, none of us looking at each other. Harry is looking straight ahead and I’m looking down at my hands. This dead silence is like the one the put on movies before something bad happens and I didn’t like my thoughts right now. Why did I have to think that? Now I feel paranoid.

            “Harry,” I said, breaking the deadly silence that was literally driving me paranoid. “What did you mean about what you said early?”

             He didn’t say anything; he just stared straight ahead like how he was doing since he started driving. After 20 minutes we can to a stop. I looked around us; I only see grass, dirt and a house in front of us.

            “Harry, where are we?” I asked, he didn’t say anything, again. Figured, he just stepped out of the car and walked towards the house. I got out of the car and followed him towards the house.

            “Harry, why are we here?”

            After almost two hours not talking, he finally responded. “This is where the palace once was standing.”

            “You mean, the ‘palace’?”

            “Yes, it was destroyed in the 1898, and then houses were build.” He replied, not taking his eyes of the house. I walk closer to him, getting the view of the house better. It’s big, mansion like, the front door has a lock in it. This house might be hundreds of years old.

            “So this is like basically the ‘palace’. After all, look at the size of it.” I said, looking at Harry, who looked back at me.

            “You could say that.” He said, his voice being raspier than before. Maybe because he hasn’t had anything to drinking in the past 5 hours.

            “Why are we here?” I asked my voice smaller than usual.

            “Your father isn’t dead, you know. He’s immortal like a vampire. He’s like one too, just that doesn’t kill humans to live.” He answers.

            “So he’s the one attacking us?” He nodded.

            “Why? Is just doesn’t make sense to me.”

            “Since he fell in love with your mother and had you, when you got married he wouldn’t have his powers anymore, he’ll die. But since he killed you before you got married, he didn’t died. Clearly he forgot that you could have gotten reincarnated and you did. Lucky you have the same name as you had before.” He explained. So clearly my father hates me. Why? Because he’s a selfish son of a bitch. Sorry for the bad word, can’t help it.

            “So basically he hates my guts.” I said.

            “You could say that.” He nodded, looking back at the house.

            “I still don’t know why we are here!” I exclaimed.

            “We needed to get away from him and this is the only place safe.” he groaned.

            “Why?” I asked.

            “Today is where we got married and since in your flashback we did got married. You’re having your powers completed tonight.”

            Wow, I really didn’t expect that. I get my powers tonight. What would that mean? Would that mean that I have to fight my father? Ok, yeah I read too many books.

            “Your father is going to die in 24 hours, in that time we need to find shelter because he’ll look for you.” Harry said.

            “Okay. Where are the others?” I just notice that my friends aren’t here with me, neither were the boys.

            “They’ll come soon. They’re distracting them.” Harry answered, and then walked towards the front door. I followed behind him, not wanting to be alone after all my father wants to kill me. Harry took the lock in his hand, before I knew it. Pieces of the lock lied on his hand and on the floor. Opening the door and stepping inside, following his steps I did the same.

            I closed the door behind me and looked around. Even though everything was dark, the only light source was the moonlight shinning through the windows that weren’t patch up or whatever you say it.

            “I think we should stay here for the night. It’s safe and your father thinks there’s nothing here since when they destroy the palace.” Harry said, walking towards somewhere. Living room, maybe? Or maybe the kitchen?

            “Where are you going?” I asked, following him. Seeing that where we went was indeed the living room. He sat down at the old, dusty couch and motions me to sit next to him. I head towards the couch and sits next to him. He puts his arms around my small body and I lay my head in his shoulder.

            “You know, asks a lot of questions.” He said, making me giggle.

            “Sorry, I’m a very curious person.” I yawned.

            “Go to sleep, love. I’ll be here to protect you.” He said, kissing the top of my head.

            “I love you.” I said as I close my eyes, slowly drifting to a slumber. But not after I hear those five words that made my heart flutter.

            “I love you too, princess.”