《 21 》

Taehyung’s pov

Reluctantly, I stepped closer to them, and slowly went from being hidden to being out in the open. While doing so, I couldn’t help but stare at the ground. ‘Cause isn’t the ground so interesting?

But of course, quick witted Jungkook HAD to have noticed me moving from the very beginning.

“Hyung,” the soft word escaped his mouth. I finally lifted my eyes to look at him. His face was shocked and panicked; he seemed to have gone speechless. That's rare.

I glanced over at Song Mi.. or is it Hye Soo? Her eyes were unreadable, as if she predicted this to happen. She didn’t say a word, so I assumed that she was surprised at my entrance as well.

“So your n-name… I-is it Song Mi, or H-Hye Soo?” I forced the words out. I felt my body shaking, although I wasn’t sure why.

“Tae-”

“No, don’t answer that,” I cut her off, afraid of how she was about to reply without any hesitation. “Instead, answer this. What’s your brother’s name?”

“Hyung, I can explain-” Jungkook clapped his hands on my shoulders and turned my body so my eyes would lock on his. But I just pivoted my head to look at her again, whatever her name was. My breath was shaky, my eyes pleading for the truth.

“My brother?" She smiled slightly, sighing a little in the process. It was a sad smile. "His name is Jung Ho Seok-”

“GUESS WHO’S HERE TO RESCUE YOUR BUTT! OH YEAH IT’S PARK JIMIN!” the three of us, attracted to the overly confident voice, turned as a running (more like flying) Jimin ran towards Jungkook. In no time, Jungkook had Jimin in a playful headlock. They both hit the floor with their bums.

Hye Soo’s pov

“OK, OK! I GET IT, NOW STOP YOU’RE YOUNGER THAN MEEEEE~” Jimin begged.

“Man, I thought you were gonna tackle me. What was that for?” Jungkook sat upright on the floor and fixed his messed up hair, while Jimin rubbed his bum.

I chuckled at their childish behavior, and accidentally made awkward eye contact with Taehyung. Despite Jimin’s sudden appearance, his sad looking eyes didn’t change. I’m sorry, I tried to convey to him through my facial expressions. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you the truth.

He looked away first. “Hey, act your age guys!” he shouted, running towards the two on the floor. His arms wrapped around their shoulders as they stood up and brushed themselves off.

I laughed and sat myself down at a nearby table. “I’m the youngest here and even I act more mature than all three of you,” I spoke nonchalantly.

“AhAHaHAhaha! Knowing you, I wholeheartedly doubt that, H-” my “Jungkook-I’m-so-gonna-kill-you” eyes activated at his slip up. “H-hyung, don’t you agree?” Jungkook slapped Taehyung’s shoulder and begged for forgiveness with his eyes.

Taehyung was hesitant at first, but then played along. “Haha, yeah. Song Mi’s quite childish herself, huh?”

“Eeeeehh~ Don’t downgrade her like that!” Jimin walked over and put his hand on my shoulder. He smiled, causing his eyes to turn into cute little slits.

“Yeah! I’m so much more mature than you think, ok? Now get out of my apartment, I have homework.” I stood up, allowing Jimin’s hand to slip off my shoulder. The chair made an awfully cringey creak sound when I pushed it in, creating another moment of awkwardness.

“For once, I’ll listen to you. We should go. All of us,” Jungkook gestured towards the door. Jimin left first and shouted “goodbye!” on his way out. Taehyung was about to walk out the door, but stopped and looked my way once before walking away. Jungkook was the last to leave. He didn’t say anything, but just stared at me with an apologetic look before leaving.