《 14 》

Hye Soo pov

“You ready to leave?” Jungkook asked. He had a coat and face mask on, his hands lounging in his pockets.

“I'm fine. And I don't get why you're dressed as if you're coming with, because I'm planning on going home BY MYSELF in as TAXI CAB, okay?” I replied, stuffing my feet into my boots.

“But it's dark out and, I don't know, I feel bad since I used to always bring you home.”

“Psh, that was like what, 3 years ago?”

“Still…”

“Are you leaving, Song Mi?” I looked up to see Suga peering past the little wall that separated the entrance from the living room.

“Ah, um, yeah,” I replied. I was planning to leave quietly but oh well.

“Wait she's leaving?! Wait wait wait for meee,” the owner of the voice ran down the stairs and nearly bumped into Suga. Staring at me while panting was V.

“Wait, we need to say bye first!” he made his way to the little area lined with shoes. No, Jimin, you really don't. He smiled widely, that chim chim smile if you know what I mean. And it made me choke on air. AIR OF ALL THINGS.

After a minute, everyone, including J-hope, was gathered around the door. In the midst of all the goodbye screams and farewell dancing, Jungkook whispered, “I'll see you out, come on.”

He urged me to the door while I kept yelling, “Bye, thanks for the meal!” a hundred times. It was all loud and fun, but the second I got to the other side of the door, it was quiet.

Ho Seok (J-Hope)’s pov

“Ho Seok-ah, can we talk?” Seok Jin hyung waved to me after we dispersed.

“Sure, what about?” I asked. He gestured for me to sit on the couch, so I obeyed.

“You know Song Mi? Is it just me or she looks too much like your sister?” I looked up at him, my expression was cold and unreadable.

“Hyung, why the sudden interest with my younger sister?”

“I don't know, it's just after I saw the picture of her by accident, I thought I saw her during the fanmeet and concert special. Why do you think I was so late.? It doesn't take that long to prepare a cake, you know.”

“And you thought that person was Song Mi?”

“Yeah I mean, compared to the photo, they look so similar.”

“Hyung, my sister's name is Hye Soo, not Song Mi.”

“I know, I know… it's just, you don't think they look alike?”

“Actually, I think they look TOO alike.”

“Well, doesn't it make you miss your sister? Cmon, it's been years since the fight you talked about just make up with her. I'm sure she misses you.”

“Hyung, it's not that simple. You don't know about this fight,” I stood up, unable to control myself. My hands were clenched into fists, my nails digging into my skin. I was on the verge of tears, which made me angry. My feet were thinking faster than my mind, forcing me to turn around and walk away.

"Hoseok-ah..."

Then, I stopped, thinking. My head turned slightly so Seok Jin hyung could see my profile. “She can miss me all she wants, it doesn't matter to me.”

Jungkook’s pov

“You sure you're okay with going home alone? In the dark?” I asked worriedly.

“Oh my gosh, Jungkook, I'm not a baby. Why? Did you miss me after not seeing me for so long?” Hye Soo stuck her tongue out. The question made me wince. Maybe I did.

I garnered my courage and pulled her into and hug. “Yeah, I did.”

I could feel her face muscles shifting into a smile. “I did, too. But it's not my fault.” She pulled away, “You're the one who stopped messaging me on Line,” she made a pouty face and pulled out her phone, wiggling it in the air as if to taunt me.

“Okay, okay I get it. I was busy,” I lied. It was a partial lie, but nonetheless a white lie. “I'll message you often now, ok?”

“Fine. Go in, it's cold.” I nodded in response. Still, I didn't go in until she caught a cab and waved back, because she knew I wouldn't have gone inside yet.

I opened the door, only to hear a conversation. I quietly entered the apartment, thinking of ways I could scare whoever was talking.

“Yeah I mean, compared to the photo, they look so similar,” I heard a voice the second I opened the door. Seok Jin hyung? Oh this is going to be fun.

“Hyung, my sister's name is Hye Soo, not Song Mi,” Wait...Ho Seok hyung? They're talking about Hye Soo... Sensing an interesting conversation, I sat by the entrance as quietly as possible.

“I know, I know… it's just, you don't think they look alike?” Shoot, did he find out?

“Actually, I think they look TOO alike.” But I made sure she wore her fake glasses and everything...

“Well, doesn't it make you miss your sister? Cmon, it's been years since the fight you talked about just make up with her. I'm sure she misses you.” YA DARN RIGHT SHE DOES. I think.

“Hyung, it's not that simple. You don't know about this fight,” I heard and sound of the couch change shape, followed by the constant tapping against the wood floor. “She can miss me all she wants, it doesn't matter to me.” I froze. Hoseok's voice was noticeably shaky, which confused me even more. What could have happened between them? What fight...?