Chapter 25: Death

|| A L I V I A||

Alivia blinked twice before her eyes could settle onto anyone. There before her, stood the rather small boy Preston. "Fancy meeting you here." He winked. Not giving him the time of day, Alivia thought of a way to escape, and she knew exactly how.

Giving Ace a glance, he seemed to have known everything that she had thought and planned to do. "It's not actually fancy considering you're here." Ace said without a care in the world.

Hearing snickers, she knew Reese and Kit would soon follow in pursuit on the "fun." Grasping ahold of the hilt of her sword she calmed her nerves. What she was about to do needed her full attention.

Slowly unsheathing her sword she pulled herself up and took a quick swipe to the rope. Before she could fall to the ground she grabbed ahold of the still hanging rope just above her feet. Keeping her held into the air.

She took one clean swipe cutting loose the three other boys. Controlling their landing so that they landed on their feet, Alivia followed in pursuit. "Run!" She instructed taking the lead as she placed her sword back into its sheath.

"After them!" She heard Preston bellow from behind. Taking a sharp turn she flung herself underneath an escape through the bushes. Making sure the others had made it under as well, she sat quietly and still. Holding her breathe from time to time to quiet her breathing, she heard as up to five boys ran by.

Crawling on her knees she made it to the halfway point. "They should have been here by now." She heard Peter muttered over to Felix. "Just give them time, they might have been held up." He answered in a calmly manner.

Moving out of the way of the exit she watched as one, two, three boys made their way out. "We're here." Alivia said as she stood. Swirling around Peter and Felix both had marveled glances.

"How did you know that was there?" Peter uttered out. "I scoped out a path just in case we ran into trouble." She said walking up. "Did you?" Peter paused for a second. "Run into trouble that is?" He added.

Nodding her head she went to her place among the cascade of branches. "Who's group?" Peter asked coming up next to her, also taking his place. "Preston's." She answered simply, forcing her gaze towards Peter. Nodding his head he gave a reassuring smile.

"Just think we are about to win this." He pointed out. Laughing Alivia nodded in agreement. "We are going to annihilate them." She said looking forward to the flag that they had to get. "We are ready." She heard Felix mutter next to Peter.

Peter stood, with the group following his lead. "We are ready for go." He said giving off a smile to the group. "Ready?" He asked offering his hand to Alivia. Nodding she took readying herself for what came next.

But, as she tried her hardest to think of the present. She couldn't help but think back to when her and J did this. Traveling to places in seconds due to the blessing of magic.

"Livia?" She heard a voice pull her out of the still crystal clear memories. Blinking, her gaze focus on the green eyes of Peter. "You're ready correct?" He asked on reassurance. Giving a nod, she saw his face no more.

But instead greeted by the absence of light, as if death himself had came to take her to her next life. Hearing muffled words, her eyes cleared to the point where she saw Peter in front of her.

Sharing a smile to one another they dashed in the same direction. Up ahead stood two boys who flinched in realization. Recoiled from their shock and came running towards them at top speed with their traps ready. At the same time Alivia and Peter dove to their knees sliding past them.

Without wasting a split of a second she came to her feet and kept running. "Livia there are three people that are
going to be up there. I will take care of them, you get the flag." He instructed. Nodding she sped up her pace so that she was barley in front of Peter.

Running through the large gap in between the three, Alivia knew Peter had teleported behind her. Running forth she reached the flag. Grabbing the flag she threw her hand into the air. "Captured!" She hollered.

And everything stopped. Boys straightening their backs and they turned towards her as she stood at the top of the mountain of rocks. Looking down at Peter, he looked up at her with blissful smile.

As he headed up towards her, she could hear the holler of Ace from the ground saying that she was his best friend. But before Peter could make it to her, before the cheers could continue, a force came through.

Knocking Alivia clean off her feet. Peering up stood a man stepping out of his hat. Locking gaze with her own, Alivia could no longer breathe. Grabbing her by her arm, he pulled her up to her feet.

"Jefferson?" She forced out looking up at the tall man. Though he had completely changed appearance wise, she still recognized the gently touch that he had always given her.

"You're coming with me." He said stiffly. Furrowing her eyes and pulled against his grip. "Alivia?" She heard Peter question still in shock on the ground. She felt the oxygen go absent. Like the world had ended and she would slowly suffocate and die along with it.

"J-Jay let go!" She hollered pulling against his strength. But without a single response she was tossed in the hat. She heard her name being screamed helplessly. And for the second time that day she was greeted by the dark death.

A/N
-----------
Lmao well y'all met Jefferson.

And uh, enjoy this because I might not update for a while :)!!!

Much love goes to you all!!💕

This is Peter when Jefferson went to leave :) (just so you know how you should feel)