°•.Chapter 7.•°

Autumn
A scream pierced through the air, and Silena's glare turned into confusion. She removed her gaze from Leo, and looked at the door. Everyone slowly pulled up their hoods and enchantments.

Everything was silent for a moment after that, but then, there was a loud clang somewhere. That was enough to send both Paenitet and Synn to run out of the room as fast as they could. I hurried after them, and the other Seasons followed closely behind.

A camper greeted us out of the Big House. He was breathing heavily, and is sweating slightly. "Attack…monsters…no idea…never seen…snake…eagle…tiger…bull."

Then, the camper fainted.

"Dude, you did not tell us who screamed!" Paenitet protested.

"Never mind that," I said. "There is an attack!"

I ran to the pine tree and immediately scanned the number of monsters nearby. I was a bit surprised.

Only six?

Is this supposed to be a joke? Do they make us out as weaklings?

Turns out, they aren't. When I caught sight of the monsters, I was taken aback.

I finally understood what the camper earlier meant. There was a monster attack, and they had no idea of what they are about to face. They had never seen it before.

I agree. I mean, these monsters have a tail of a snake, wings of an eagle, legs and body of a tiger, and head of a bull.

Synn stopped next to me, and she groaned. "I thought we made their species extict already!"

Paenitet can be seen crouched in a nearby tree. Then, he jumped down to my other side. "News flash, they reformed."

Cue the glaring.

Paenitet just smirked and drew his sword. "Hey. At least we have more challenge."

"Right," Synn muttered.

The other Seasons and I watched their exchange. So they knew all about these monsters.

"How do you kill it?" Winter asked.

Synn pulled out her bow and arrow. She mumbled something, and the shaft of the arrow bursted into flames. "By using fire."

"Sweet!" Summer said, and he drew out an Imperial Gold sword. It burst into red hot flames, which is probably his work. "It's Sizzling Summer Time!"

Spring just rolled her eyes and unsheathed a dagger, which was also engulfed into flames. "Whatever."

"Does black fire work?" Winter asked.

Synn glanced at him. "Any kind of fire works."

A sword made of ice materialized into Winter's hand. As I watched, black flames crawled its way from the base to the tip of his sword.

"What does black fire do?" Summer asked.

The Assassin twirled his sword in his hand. "The fire is unlike the normal ones. Instead of being hot, the flames are very cold. Freezing."

"Oh," was Summer's reply. He probably figured that he can't conjure black fire, because it is cold.

I pulled out a knife, and willed it to get caught in fire. Soon, I held a flaming weapon.

The campers of Camp Half-Blood watched us do this. I saw the blonde son of Zeus, Jason Grace narrow his eyes at Summer. Uh-oh.

"Each one of us should take on a monster," Synn told us.