°•.Chapter 6.•°

Paenitet
So now she wants to quit?

First, forcing me into tagging along with going here. Now, she says that she never agreed with that.

What a great person.

Sometimes, I wonder if she's even the same person I knew once. Though, Silena seemed to change. And for her, it seemed like a bad thing.

Well, not really change. I guess she just doesn't want to waste her time while she's on this  camp trying to teach the campers and correcting them with every mistake they made. I knew that she already tried teaching them once, and it hadn't worked out.

"I'll go after her," I said, looking at everyone else, especially Chiron. The Seasons stood, too.

"We'll go with you," Summer said.

Oh great. I wonder what they want now. But never mind, I let them be.

I led them inside the Big House further, straight to where I knew Synn is.

Oh, I knew what she's doing. She wants to throw the others off scent. She wanted to act differently from how she does before she joined Chaos.

If you look on her point of view, you would understand.

You see, Synn feared that everyone would just accuse of her as a traitor ready to pass information to the enemy. I knew Synn for long. She wouldn't do that.

I stopped on a door and knocked. There was shuffling, and I could tell that Synn is standing by the door on the other side. "Who's there?" She asked warily.

I flinched by the lack of emotion in her voice. Synn would usually be the happy and cheerful person. But right now, she closed herself.

"Synn, it's me," I said. "Paenitet. And I-uh…brought the Seasons with me."

The door swung open, and Synn stood there, her black hair in a mess. I'd hate to admit it, but she looks like a zombie.

"Um…Synn?" Autumn asked. "Are you alright?"

Synn nodded and snapped her fingers. Her hair was fixed, and her tired face turned active, but not that cheery. "Hi," she said glumly. "What brings you here?"

"Nothing," Summer said. "Just want to talk. And get to know my comrades."

I tilted my head. "Comrades?"

"Yes," Spring answered. "Can we come in?"

Synn opened the door wider. "Sure. Sure, you can."
——————————————————
Once everyone is settled in, we all stayed silent. No one talked. We just looked around the room, as if searching for any exits.

It is Summer who first broke the akward silence. To be completely honest, I was not surprised, considering the fact that the boy always seemed hyper.

"So," he said. "Are we just gonna stare at each other?"

"I'm not staring," Spring snapped.

Summer muttered something under his breath, and looked up. "Is this how we 'get to know my comrades'?"

"Summer?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"I wanted to tell you to shut up, but that was actually a good point."

Summer grinned and pumped his fist into the air. Meanwhile, the rest of us just rolled our eyes on him.

Synn finally decided to speak up. "The boys had a point," she said while glaring at me when I opened my mouth to tease her. "How about we start with the introduction?"