Chapter 67.

Robin's POV

I felt really guilty about keeping Alex's location a secret. Everyone has been getting worse and worse. Cole and Brian seem to be the most affected. We're all still avoiding Alyssa.

I was currently the temporary captain of the soccer team because Cole and Chase are very unfit to play. Coach also seemed to worry about Alex when I explained what happened to Cole.

I've been visiting Alex everyday. She and I started growing close the past few days I've been with her. It all started when the police came to interview her. She was freaking out when the police asked her to tell them what happened. I comforted her and stood by her. It's honestly sickening. She was almost raped and murdered by her ex. We're still waiting on more information about the case.

"Guys. We should probably talk to the police now. Alex is missing." Chase announces. Everyone nods their head in agreement. We were all sat in Cole's living room.

"Yeah. I think that's the best idea." Brian agrees

"What if something bad happened to her?" Cole murmurs. Everyone starts to look nervous. My phone suddenly rings, breaking the silence. I check the caller and saw it was Alex. I excuse myself and go to the kitchen to take the call.

"Hey. What's up?" I answer

"I'm not safe." Is the first thing she says

"What? What are you talking about?" I start to worry

"Josh is part of some gang. Because I spilled everything I know about Josh, they're starting to get a lead on tracking down the gang. So now the gang is furious and wants to kill me. They sent someone  who looked similar to me to pretended to be my cousin. As I was sleeping, the person was about to inject me with something. Luckily the doctor came in right on time." She explains

"Holy shit. So what are they doing about it?" I ask

"Well nothing yet cause we don't know what to do. They've put two security guards outside my door but we need better protection cause this gang is powerful and dangerous." She replies.

"...I'm coming over." I state

"Okay...See you." She says

I hang up, and go back to the living room. Everyone was discussing about going to the police to find Alex. I decide to announce my leave.

"Hey guys, I'm going to the hospital" I announce

"You seem to be going there everyday now." Chase observed. I shrug my shoulders in response

"Can we go with you?" Hailey asks. My eyes widen

"All of you?"

"Yeah. It could help take our minds off this problem for a while. The kids can be a good distraction." Hailey says

"I..I...If- if you guys want to?" Everyone nodded and agreed to the idea.

Welp. Sorry Alex, I have to break my promise. Hope you don't break yours though.

.
.
.

I stopped at Alex's room. There were two buff policemen guarding her door. They prevented us from going in.

"Names." One of them said

"Robin Wilde and the rest of my friends." I answer. The two guards looked at each other. They then proceeded to check all our pockets and clothes if any weapon was hidden. Once they knew we were clear, they opened the door. Before we went in, I turned to everyone.

"1. Please don't freak her out or be too loud. Please be gentle; and 2. I'm sorry in advance." I say. They all look at me in confusion, but nod their heads either way. I enter first, and see Alex watching TV. She smiles when she sees me, but as soon as I made room for the others to come in, her smile falls. Everyone looks at Alex in shock and in tears. They were probably feeling a lot of things right now.

Alex quickly sits up,but that affects her wound. She screams in pain. I rush over to her and try to help, but she slaps my hand away. She slowly sits up, wincing at the pain in her stomach. Once she's okay, she turns to me and slaps me.

"You broke your promise!!!" She exclaims

"I'm sorry!!! They wanted to come, so I let them. Alex, please understand that hiding this from them will do no good. They were gonna go to the police too. They were going to find out sooner or later, so I thought why not soon?" I try to defend myself

"Alex? Th-this is where you've been?" Brian was the first to snap out of the shock. Alex looked away from him.

"And you knew?" He looked at me.

"Why didn't you tell us?!?! YOU KNEW THIS WHOLE TIME WHERE SHE WAS, AND YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELL US." Chase starts yelling. Alex's heart monitor start beating faster.

"I told you not to yell." I growl at Chase. I pat Alex's back, and help her calm down. She struggled, but was able to calm down a bit.

"I hope you have a damn good reason Robin." Cole says

"Alex didn't want you to know. I spotted her one day while visiting a patient. I was about to tell you guys, but she didn't want that. I made a deal with her in exchange for not telling." I say

"It better be a damn good deal." Brian says

"It is...but..." I trail off

"But??" Chase prompts me to continue

"But since I broke my end of the deal, she might not fulfill hers." I tell them. I glance at Alex, she was staring at Cole. She sighed, and shook her head.

"Fucking fine. I guess I'll still keep mine since I don't break my promises." She says. I look down in guilt and so did Cole, Brian and Jess. That sentence seemed to affect all four of us.

"Everyone get out...except Cole." She says. Everyone looks at her with wide eyes. Cole was shell shocked. Everybody nodded and scrambled outside. I smiled at her,and kissed the top of her head.

"Thanks Alex. Hope it all goes well" I say. She glares at me.

"Fuck you." She says

"I'll sneak you some candy" I wink at her as I made my way out

"Half forgiven." She says

"Fine. I'll get you some chocolates too" I say as I make my way outside

"You're forgiven when you actually give it to me!!!" She calls out. I laugh in response.

As I close the door and look up, I'm faced with many expecting looks from my friends. Jess was the one to speak.

"Explain."

/////////////////////////////