Chapter 45.

Alexa's POV

Today, the twins were sitting with us at lunch. It's been quite a long time since we hung out with them. Although I have to admit, something seemed off about Jackson. I can't describe it.

"I'm gonna go to the restroom for a bit." Cole mumbles in my ear. He kisses my temple and stands up to go to the restroom.

"So you two are really a couple huh?" Harrison asks. I smile brightly and nod.

"Hey, uh, Alex? Can I talk to you?" Jack says looking all glum. I look up and nod my head. We go outside to the corridors and he starts to speak.

"Alex...I just...I need to get this out of my chest. You're like the most beautiful and amazing girl ever. You're...god It's like words can't even describe it. You're so kind and sweet. You're cool and down to earth. You're like the perfect girl. And I've had a crush on you for a while now. I was always so thankful that you bumped into us that day. I just...I guess I was too late. But if you give me the chance,I swear I'll be the bst boyfriend you'll ever have. I promise. Just give me a chance. Just one chance to be with you."

I look at him in shock. This was all too much for me to handle. Jackson was just a good friend of mine. I didn't like him...like that.

"Jackson...I'm sorry...I've always just liked you as a friend...Plus I'm with Cole now. I would never betray him like that." I say softly. He looked at me with pain in his eyes.

"Please. Just give me a chance to prove myself to you. I really really like you Alex. I don't wanna lose an amazing girl like you." He pleads

"I'm sorry Jack...There are a lot of other amazing girls out there. I'm not the only one." I say

"And if you really like me...then you'll respect my decision to be with Cole. If you really like me, you'll want me to be happy even if I'm with someone else...right?" I add

"I just...I guess I was just too late." He looks down in defeat.

"But one more thing" he says as he looks up and looks me in the eye. He moves closer to me, and I back away. My back hits the lockers and he leans closer. In a millisecond, his lips are on mine. My eyes widen and I shove him off me.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I exclaim

"Look, Jackson, you're a great guy but I don't like you like that. Don't you EVER pull that stunt again. That was- UGH"

I turn away from him,only to see a blank faced Cole. My eyes widen and I rush over to him. I felt tears running down my cheeks. He must think I kissed back.

"Cole, I-"

He shakes his head and wipes my tears. I look at him with wide eyes. Doesn't he hate me?

"I saw it all...I don't think you cheated on me. It's okay. I'm not mad at you." He whispers softly as he pulls me against his chest. He pulls away leaving me whimpering from the lack of contact. His eyes turn serious and he marches over to Jack. He picks him up and gives him a hard punch in the gut. He then drops Jack down to the floor and glares at him.

"Don't ever come near MY girlfriend ever again or else I won't control my anger anymore. You're lucky Lex is here to keep me calm or else you would've been sent to the hospital by now." He spat. He then grabs my arm and drags me out of the hallway.

.
.
.

Cole calmed down after we skipped one whole period. All we did was cuddle and reassure each other that we weren't separating any time soon. We talked about random things like we always did and by the time the bell rang, we were both perfectly fine. He was pouting once we reached my class though since he and I didn't have this period together. He kissed me goodbye and I walked in to class.

Ariana greeted me with a scowl on her face.

"Well well well if it isn't the whore that stole my boyfriend." She sneered

"Excuse me?" I say in shock. This was completely new to me. Sure Ariana became a big slut and all but she was never mean. Well, I should've known this was coming but it kinda hurts. She was one of my closest friends and then she goes on and does this to me?!

"You heard what I said, slut." She smirks

"Actually ,as far as I remember, you and Cole were never together. You were just another sex toy to him." I say

"And you think you're not? I mean why would Cole Reynolds like someone like you? You're so...boring. Plus wasn't he your mortal enemy? Then obviously he must be planning something to win the little war you have. For all you know he could also be in a bet." She says. I felt all her words hit me in the heart. What if's start swarming my head but I push them away. I stay silent as I focused real hard to not let her words get to me right now.

"What? Cat got your tounge?" She smirks smugly.

"No. I just don't wanna waste saliva trying to talk some sense into that pathetic brain of yours." I scoff

"You'll regret that, you bitch." She snarled. She tried to act menacing but I stood my ground and looked her in the eyes. I showed no fear but on the inside I was really scared.

"And you'll regret ever saying a bad thing about her." A voice growled behind me. I looked behind me to see Robin standing by the door and glaring at Ariana.

"Leave her the fuck alone Ariana. I can't hit you, but Alex's other friends can." He says as he stands by me.

"What? You mean the other stupid little bitches? Jessica and who's that? The weird one? Hannah? Harley?" Olivia speaks up

"Hailey." I say

"Yeah. That one." She snaps her fingers in realization

"I suggest you fucking leave us alone already." Robin grits his teeth. Ariana and Olivia huff in annoyance. They glare at me one last time.

"Stay away from Cole. He's mine." Ariana says

"Oh honey, then why is HE kissing ME and introducing ME as HIS girlfriend" I say. She grits her teeth and walks away, swaying her hips on the process.

"Damn. That was amazing." Robin says, amused. I nod and head to my seat. I immediately sit down and put my head in my hands. Ariana's words were still roaming my head. Even as the teacher came in-late might I add- my mind was still focused on what Ariana said and the possibilities of it being true.

From the corner of my eye, I see my seat mate shakily standing up and sitting at another chair while the teacher wasn't looking. Robin then plops down on his seat and stares intently at me

"Don't you dare think what that bitch said was true." He finally says after staring at me for a while.

"I mean-"

"No. Don't. Cole really really likes you. Ariana is just trying to destroy the amazing relationship you two have. Do NOT let her get in the way. She's nothing but a pathetic ex sex toy." He says seriously

I nod my head. A part of me still didn't belive him.

"Alex..." Robin whispers. I look at him.

"Don't think stuff like that. Cole really likes you. He hasn't been this happy in a long time. He cares about you. A lot. Don't ever think otherwise, okay?" He says

"Okay" I say softly while slowly nodding my head

"Please don't be sad. The others will have my head of they find out you're sad. We have the same last period class. Chase and Hailey are in that class too and if they find out that you're sad, then they might think I did something. Those two are gonna have my head and then Jess and Cole are gonna feed my body to the lions." He says looking absolutely dead serious. I let out a small laugh at this. His face immediately fills with relief.

"Thank god...Now back to the main topic" he says

"Who knew you were such a sass queen"

////////////////////////////////