Chapter 28.

Cole's POV

I had last period with Lex. Last period was Art and our Art teacher was super chill. As long as you behave and submit the projects on time, then you're free to do whatever you want.

"So how did it go with Jess?" I ask her

Chase told me about his plan. I was a bit upset that he didn't count me in but I guess Jess wasn't even my friend.

"It was amazing!!! Jess said yes and Chase was super happy. Jackson and Harrison turned out to be amazing at the guitar and in singing. They were sooo good." She says. I tried my best not to roll my eyes. 

"Oh hey by the way I've got soccer practice later today." I say

"Oh okay. I'll walk home. I don't have work today cause it's my day off in both jobs. Thankfully." She says

We rarely get to spend our afternoons together because I always have soccer practice and she always has work. Lately I've been practicing even more because we had an upcoming game with a school that had a really great team.

"You should come to the practice!!! Come watch me!!" I say excitedly

"Seriously?"

"Yeah!!! It's a great idea!!" I say

"I mean...I guess..." she says hesitantly

"Well either way you're going. I'm not taking no for an answer." I say firmly

"Fine fine fine." She says

After Art, we made our way to the soccer field. Most of the team was already there. They were watching the cheerleaders do their warm ups. Ariana was a new cheerleader but she acted like the head. The captain of the cheeleaders didn't really mind or care. Ariana had gotten to the top of the popularity chain in the girls division.

I didn't pay one glance at those girls and continued talking with Lexi. She suddenly started waving at someone. I looked to see her waving at Chase. Chase came running at full speed towards us.

"MY TWO BESTEST FRIENDS." He yells as he practically squeezes the life out of us.

"Dude let go" I manage to say. He does as I say and looks at Lex happily

"This is so amazing!!! You're here!!! You're never here!!!" He yells

"Cole dragged me." She simply says

"Good job Cole." Chase commends me

"Now you get to watch my awesomeness." Chase boasts

"What awesomeness?" Harrison says jokingly. Chase glares at him but Harrison just smiles innocently.

"Hey Alex" Harrison grins at Lexi

"Heya Harry" She grins back at him

"Hello princess" Jackson gives her a charming smile

"Hi Jackson" Lexi giggles.

Well hello jealousy, it's been quite a long time.

"Anyways. Let's get to practice boys." I speak up. They all say bye to Lexi and we all run to the changing room. Lexi calls out to me and I stopped and look at her.

"Do you have your inhaler?" She asks. A huge smile makes it's way on my face.

"Yeah it's in my locker." I say

"Don't push yourself Cole." She says firmly.

"I won't. But I'll make sure to show you my amazing skills." I wink at her