Chapter 12.

Alexa's POV

The wave of jealousy I felt when Cole told me he had slept with Ariana overwhelmed me. I mean of all people he could sleep with, it had to be my friend. I knew then that I actually had feelings for Cole. Each second I'm with him, those feelings grow larger and larger.

I stood up from my bed and looked at myself in the mirror. Of course he would choose Ariana. She was gorgeous and I was disgusting.

I didn't have the blonde hair, the curves, the pretty blue eyes, the boobs or the ass. I was just me. Ugly and plain Alexa. I stared at myself in disgust, picking out all my flaws.

I was interrupted by a sudden call. I picked it up and answered the call without checking the called I.D.

"Hello?"

"Alexandria?"

I cringe. Only 1 person calls me that.

"Brian, how many times have I told you. It's Alexa. A-L-E-X-A. I don't ever wanna hear my full name ever again. Even the teachers know better than to call me that." I say

"I know I know. I was just teasing." Brian chuckles

"So how are you?"

I launch into my story. I fill him in on everything that has happened. I leave out the details of me liking Cole. He doesn't need to know that. Brian listens intently.

Brian Brians.

I know I laughed too. His grandfather from his mothers side was named Brian and he passed away a month before Brian was born. In his memory, they decided to name him after his grandfather.

Brian is the brother that I always talked about. He's a doctor which is why he was always checking up on me and my health. He's my personal doctor. I never thought Brian cared about me because I never really hung out with him. His parents made sure that we didn't spend time with each other, but he'd always find a way to do so anyways. He's been engaged to his high school sweetheart, Amanda, for a year now. Amanda is a nurse and is a super kind woman. The two actually had their first child really early. The parents weren't too happy about it. They accepted it though because they were their children. They could tell that the two really loved each other and so the parents were willing to help them. When they found out that Brian was planning to marry Amanda when the baby turns 5. They were confused and asked why, he said it was so that they could have a little ring bearer for the wedding. The mothers awwed and allowed it to happen. Their little baby boy was named Axel. They named him after me, but they never told our family about it. I'd meet up with their family 3 times a month in secret. We'd plan a place to meet and we'd see each other.

"Damn sis. A lot has happened to you." Brian says

"I know right."

"Okay so since you live in a proper house now....do you think that you could take care of Axel? It's just that the wedding is coming up and Amanada and I are already frustrated with many things. We need someone to take care of Axel until the wedding." He says

"Dude. I can't just do that" I tell him

"Oh come on. That Marie woman has taken care of babies before. I'm sure she can handle little Axel while you're at school." He reasons

"Why don't you ask your parents?"

"They'll be helping us. We told them we knew a really good babysitter that one of our Aunts recommended." He explains

"Pleeaaassseeee Allie. Axe misses you!!"

"But I have work" I try to think of more excuses

"I'll talk to your bosses about that. Just pleeassseee. We'll even pay you for this!!"