Chapter 27 | Netflix and Chill?

Devin grinned as he typed up another movie. "I'm just saying. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world."

"Well, I'm just saying, maybe we can wait a few months."

"Ricky, we graduate in under two months," Devin looked to me and raised an eyebrow whilst the movie loaded. "You've been here for almost three months and I've never even seen you talk to anyone. Other than the obvious, of course."

I rolled my eyes, my lips tilted in a small smile. "I have my reasons. Besides, I haven't seen you speak to anyone other than Josh, Kylie, Jenna and I. What about you?"

"I have my reasons," He mumbled, frowning down at his sock-covered feet.

Instantly, I knew I had brought up the wrong thing. Vinny was still a weak spot of Devin's, and I seemed to have indirectly mentioned him.

Sighing lightly, I pushed myself off of the couch. "I'll get the popcorn."

That got a tiny smile from Devin, and he nodded as he sat back on the couch.

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bag of popcorn out of the pantry. After throwing it in the microwave, I jumped up onto the counter and listened as it popped.

The clock above me read twelve-forty. Honestly, I'm surprised we even had enough in us to start another movie. Jenna and Lynn were long ago in bed. They decided to have dinner together again, only Jenna was cooking.

Devin and I wanted to give them privacy and have dinner in the lounge room, but both Jenna and Lynn thought it would be a good idea to 'get to know each other'. If I'm honest, I saw no harm in that. So, I let it play out.

Turns out Lynn and Jenna met at a gig in California. Apparently, though, they first started talking when Jenna was still in Australia. That gig was over two years ago, yet they had only been dating for three months. From what Jenna had told me before, Lynn had a girlfriend when they first met. The two weren't a bad couple, if I'm being honest. Lynn was playful and knew how to joke, and how to take one. Jenna was just like her, yet they were still so opposite. They were cute, and how they had only been dating for a few months was beyond me.

The microwave went off, filling the kitchen with a series of loud beeping before I opened it and grabbed the popcorn bag out. After peeling the corners apart, I tipped the popcorn into a bowl and headed back to the lounge room where Devin was on his phone.

When he saw me, he smiled and chucked his phone to the side. "Finally, I almost thought you were gonna' eat it all in there."

I kicked his leg as I sat down. "Shut up."

He grinned and plucked a few pieces from the bowl before playing the movie.

Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't concentrate on it. The whole night I had tried to push the events that happened when I was last with Ryan in the back of my head. And, for a while, I succeeded. I never slipped up and mentioned something I shouldn't have that circled that subject. But the more I told myself not to think about it, the more I thought about it.

Have you ever had a crush on someone, and in your head you're playing out a million different scenarios? And no matter how hard you tried to not think about them, they always found a way into your head. You would daydream about a different life, or a random scene about anything as long as they were there. That's kind of like what I'm going through.

I wasn't playing any obscene scenarios that I knew were impossibly impossible, I was just replaying that kiss over, and over, and over again. As much as I wanted to not think about it, it made me feel a different kind of something. What that something was, I have no idea, but it was different, and, if I'm honest, it made me feel good.

--

A/N: Honestly, you may as well not read the next chapters and skip straight to the last two because I have NO idea whether they make sense or not. It is literally all just rushed and pushed together to make some sad excuses for chapters.
xxx