Chapter 25 | Hit

Ryan and I stood side-by-side, both of our heads down to avoid the stares from anyone.

I fiddled with my fingers, numbly shaking my head as I waited.

Ryan went over what he wanted to do, and how he wanted to talk to Angelo. Of course, without Chris. I had no idea how I'd get those two to actually separate from each other, but Ryan did.

I felt someone nudge my shoulder. Looking up, my eyes locked with Ryan's.

"You're worried," He noted, his voice monotone.

"It's that obvious?"

He shrugged.

I sighed, "I don't know about this, Ryan. Chris won't, like, hit me, will he?"

Ryan offered me a tiny smile, "Chill out, dude. You'll be fine."

My stomach started to form knots, and I felt as if my lunch would end up on the floor.

Eyes slowly wandering to where Chris and Angelo were walking, I took a deep breath.

Ryan brushed his hand over mine, the action proving to be more calming than he probably thought.

"Chill."

Nodding, I strolled to where the couple were.

Ryan's plan for me to get Chris away wasn't an easy one, per se. I didn't want to do it, but I couldn't think of anything else. It didn't involve speaking to him, or trying to respectfully get him away. Ryan's plan for me to get Chris away was probably the worst one.

To say I was worried about Ryan was an understatement. From what I could see, he and Chris weren't exactly civil. Chris put up with Ryan's presence. Ryan tried to change everything. If Chris were to catch Ryan speaking to Angelo...

Blocking everyone that filled the hallway out, I focused on Chris as I got closer and closer to where he was.

Gripping his arm, I pushed him into the closest class room, shutting and locking the door behind me.

Chris frowned, "What're you doing?"

I pursed my lips and tapped my foot on the ground, desperate to create a lie.

"I..."

Chris' eyes narrowed slightly, "Do you need help with a project, or something?"

"Or something," I muttered.

He tilted his head and stepped towards the door I was in front of, "Let me out, Ricky."

"I... can't..."

Chris shook his head, "Open the door, Ricky. If you need my help with something, fine."

It was obvious that Chris didn't care about being locked in the empty classroom. He was more worried about Angelo than anything. The way he fiddled with the strap of his bag and the worried look in his eyes told me that.

"Once Ryan's done-"

"Done what?" Chris snapped.

My eyes widened and I quickly shut my mouth. Not only was this the most I've ever heard Chris talk, but this was the angriest I had seen him.

I made a mistake mentioning Ryan, yes. It wasn't until after I said his name did I see just how much Chris truly hated Ryan. Hate practically radiated off of him, and I felt as if it burnt me just to see.

Chris pursed his lips and moved towards me, "Open the door, Ricky."

I shook my head and gulped.

Chris sighed before gripping my waist and lifting me off of the ground.

I kicked at him, trying to get him to put me down, but it didn't work. Chris had me back on the ground and the door open before I could protest.

I ran out after him.

Several lockers down were Angelo and Ryan. The sight alone aggravated Chris more, because he charged towards the two.

"Chris-"

Angelo cut himself off as his boyfriend gripped Ryan's shirt and pulled him away from him.

Running to them, I tried to pull Chris back.

When Ryan was shoved to the ground by Chris, I saw his eyes instantly change. It was like they got darker in just a matter of seconds.

He pushed himself up and charged for Chris, tackling him to the ground.

Punches were thrown on both ends, and they both rolled on the floor, showing the dominance of them both.

Angelo was yelling for them to stop, and slowly a crowd was starting to form around them.

Pushing Ryan off of him, Chris got to his feet and waited for Ryan to do the same before hitting him again.

Ryan was quick to fight back, punching Chris square in the jaw.

Jumping between the two, I tried to push Ryan back.

He wasn't cooperating, so I wrapped my arms around his torso and held him back.

"Chris, stop!" I yelled, pulling Ryan further away.

The two were still going at each other, and I started to wonder if it was just because Ryan was near Angelo. There was no way that they were this angry from that. There was more. There had to be...

Ryan shrugged my arms off of his, breathing heavily, "Don't touch me."

I stepped away from him and watched as he quickly left the school.

There was a cut on his eyebrow that trickled blood down the side of his face, and his bottom lip was split. I didn't want to see what Chris looked like, because, no doubt, it was the same.

Once Ryan was out of sight, I glanced to my left, where Devin and Josh were.

They seemed confused, but disappointed, too. Whether it was directed towards me or not, I didn't know, but the way Devin looked into my eyes gave me a feeling I couldn't shake.

He and Josh turned around and stalked away from the crowd of people, Chris and Angelo eventually doing the same.

Whatever Ryan managed to get out of Angelo, and whatever Angelo managed to get out of Ryan, better have been worth it. Not only was I caught between Chris and Angelo and Ryan, but Devin and Josh were starting to get suspicious, too. I hadn't even spoken to them in three days, let alone tell them what Ryan and I were trying to do. As usual, I couldn't just let Ryan get away that easily. There was only one place he would go, and that's exactly where I went. This time, though, it'll be different.