Chapter 22 | Over The Edge

For the first time in what felt like forever, Devin, Kylie, Josh and I were all in one place. We were at Kylie's house watching a movie.

I want to say I was actually paying attention to it, but I honestly wasn't.

We–Devin and I–still hadn't told Josh and Kylie anything, but I think they slowly started to let it go and be happy at the fact we were all together.

Devin showed me he had yet to let everything go, but I saw he was trying.

Ryan showed me he wanted nothing to do with me. He went from avoiding me out of embarrassment and shame, to avoiding me because he was angry. If he wanted to play it like that, fine. I wasn't going to stop putting up a fight, but I wasn't going to force myself upon him every single day. Especially when all he does is push me away. Literally and figuratively.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, and I pulled it out, frowning down at the message.

Angelo and I did have each other's numbers, but I figured that would only be for emergencies. I didn't expect him to actually text me...

"Who's that?" Josh asked, looking to me.

"Uh... It's Angelo.."

His eyebrows raised in shock and surprise, and Kylie paused the movie to give me the same look.

"You and Angelo talk?" Devin asked, shifting to face me.

I nodded, then shrugged, "Yeah, I guess. Wait, is that okay?"

They nodded, and Josh gave me a small smile, "Yeah, of course."

"So, does he want to see you now or something?" Kylie questioned.

"Yeah... I can tell him now is-"

Devin cut me off, sending me a smile, "Go and see him, Ricky."

I ruffled his hair as I stood up, "Thanks."

"And tell him we said hi!" Josh yelled as I walked out of the front door.

"Will do!"

Though I did want to question why I was able to see Angelo and Chris, and not Ryan, I didn't. I understood why. What I didn't understand, still, was why Angelo and Chris were no longer apart of Josh, Kylie and Devin's small group... They had no reason to break apart from each other. But, after reading the next message Angelo sent me, I figured I'd get a pretty good explanation on it...

| | |

I stood back and waited for the door to open, looking at the house as I did.

It was a simple single story house. It looked quiet old, too.

My attention was forced back in front of me when the door was open.

"Ricky," Chris frowned and shifted on his feet.

"Hey," I smiled, "Is Angelo here?"

He nodded and stepped to the side, allowing me into the house.

Inside looked a lot different than the outside. Almost everything was white or grey. It held a modern feel, but a lot of the structure and furniture seemed older.

Chris lead me to the lounge room where Angelo was sitting.

He was fiddling with his hands, and had a worried expression plastered on his face.

When Chris saw the state of his boyfriend, he quickly ran to comfort him.

As Chris set a hand on his shoulder, Angelo's head snapped up and his eyes met mine.

Whatever he needed to talk to me about he hadn't told Chris. I could tell that much. I knew them both enough to know that if Angelo was in this state, Chris wouldn't let anyone near him.

I stepped forward cautiously, "What's wrong?"

"Vinny..." Angelo mumbled, "Ryan... You need to speak to him. You need to speak to Ryan."

Chris stepped back from Angelo, looking down at him in shock.

"Vinny?" I questioned, then gasped slightly, "Isn't he...?"

"I need you to speak to Ryan," Angelo repeated, his soft voice cracking, "Please, I... I feel them."

I shook my head, meeting Chris' eyes.

I was confused, whilst he was still shocked.

This had Angelo over the edge. He said he could feel them... I had no idea what that could've meant in the slightest context, but if speaking to Ryan would help him, speaking to Ryan is what I had to do...