Chapter 2 | Friends

I said a small good bye to Josh and Devin and looked down at my time table.

I didn't have the first period with them, unfortunately, but they said they had a friend in there that was nice, so I guess that helped.

I hadn't run into Chris or Angelo again, but Josh did tell me it was best of I stayed away. As long as I was being kept out of everything, I was fine. But, I will admit, I did want to know what happened here and why everyone is so keen on keeping me away from 'Ryan'. I wanted to know what made him so feared, and what made him so dislikable.

Distracted by my thoughts, I bumped into someone, and me, being the smaller one, fell to the floor.

I groaned in embarrassment and quickly stood up with the small help from the guy.

"Sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going..." I gave him a nervous smile, earning a frown from him.

"It's fine." He muttered, quickly walking past me and down the hall.

I frowned. He looked like someone I could hang out with, but he stormed off before I could get another word out. Not that I would've had the guts to ask for his name, because he seemed a little angry.

"What did you say to him?"

I looked up at the significantly taller guy in confusion, "What?"

He glared at me and pushed me to the side, "Don't talk to him."

He looked very intimidating. With long black hair, two lip rings and thirty centimetres or so height difference, he scared the shit out of me.

I didn't want that to get to me, though, because I was almost five minutes late for my first class. I didn't need that on my first day. So, I hauled ass and ran down the hall, making a few turns before I finally ended up at my Maths class.

The teacher raised an eyebrow at me, "Is there any reason as to why you're late?"

I lifted my timetable up, "I couldn't find my way for a bit.."

My voice wasn't as loud as I wanted it to be, but all eyes were on me, and I hated it.

He nodded, "You must be Ricky. Pick a seat and copy whatever I put on the board."

I nodded, about to move to one of the chairs at the back before a girl waved at me, signalling for me to sit with her.

"You must be Ricky," She smiled as I sat down, holding a hand out, "I'm Kylie."

I shook her hand, "Hi. Are you Devin's friend?"

She cocked an eyebrow, "He lets you call him Devin?"

I frowned, "I mean, I haven't called him that to his face, but I refer to him as Devin. Why? Does he not like it?"

She shook her head, turning back to the board, "No, it's just... Never mind."

It was obvious she didn't want to talk about it, so I didn't. I picked up my pen and opened my book, copying the work down.

I was surprised with how easy Math was. Well, this was a combined class, so the higher grade eleven's were in the class, too, but it was still significantly easy. Considering I had a brain the size of a a pea.

As I looked around the class, I noticed a fair amount of people focusing on the door like they were waiting for someone to walk through. Then, I saw why. A woman, blonde and black hair, stepped through, glaring at all of them.