Chapter 12 | Sneaking In

Slipping past Devin and Jenna who were speaking in the kitchen, I tip toed to my room, making sure they didn't hear me before shutting my door and making my way to my window.

Ryan, for some reason, agreed on coming to my house for the rest of the afternoon. I respected that he was actually making an effort towards the start of this.. friendship.. but I was still surprised he actually wanted to come here for a few hours. Admittedly, he was completely against it, but I had really good puppy eyes. So he said, anyways.

I pushed open my window and pulled Ryan in, quickly shutting it behind him.

He looked around my room with a raised eyebrow and I watched as he took a few steps around, just to look at everything.

Turning back to me, Ryan bit his lip, "What do you want to do?"

I shrugged, biting back a grin as I watched how nervous he grew.

He frowned, "What're you laughing at?"

"I'm not laughing."

"No, but you're trying not to."

I snorted slightly, "You seem nervous.."

Ryan raised an eyebrow, glaring slightly, "You think that's funny?"

I could tell he wasn't mad, but more playful, because he had that look in his eyes; a happy one.

I nodded, grinning.

He stuck his tongue out at me before walking to my bed and falling back on it.

"Yeah, make yourself comfortable on my bed," I said sarcastically.

He laughed and moved over, letting me fall next to him.

We didn't talk too much, just stared at whatever we could in the room.

It was slightly awkward, but I didn't mind it. Hopefully he didn't either.

I looked over to him, my lips forming a small smile when I saw he was looking at one of my photos.

He was thinking about something, because his bottom lip stuck out slightly. Ryan had a strange habit of pouting a little when he was thinking about something. Call it creepy, or simply observation, but I had seen him do it many times in history.

Ryan turned to me, frowning at how close we were, "Why're you here?"

It took everything in me not to stutter or break eye contact, because, damn, we were close.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my voice small.

"You're not from around here. So, why're you here? Of all places."

I sighed, shuffling back a little bit, "Jenna and I met online. Admittedly, she is almost five years older than me, but she was really good at listening and not judging.

When she moved to Cali, she thought it was like a new start. Moving to the other side of the world was a big deal, but she didn't really let it get to her. Through out her time there, she met Dev. They were both going through problems, and they were both there for each other when shit hit the fan. One thing led to another and they both moved here. Jenna and I continued talking. After everything happened with me, she thought it would be good for me to live down here. I did, too, because I had nothing in Seattle. Then... I moved here, met Jenna, Devin, Josh, Kylie... You. It's a lot better here than Seattle."

Ryan let out a small chuckle, turning back to the ceiling, "I'm sure we could've met under better circumstances, huh?"

I shrugged, "I'm still glad we met, though."

"Mmm."

It felt strange to have Ryan actually speak to me. He was full of surprises. Really strange surprises. I never even thought he'd agree on coming over to my house, but he did.

After at least forty minutes of speaking about random things, Ryan let out a small yawn, trying to cover it up as quickly as possible.

I giggled slightly, "You can stay here for the night. Well, if you want, you don't have to."

I saw his cheeks go a shade darker, and I grinned.

"Can I?" He asked, sitting up, "I mean, if you want me to..."

"Yeah," I nodded and stood up, "I'll see if I have some loose clothes for you and I'll put those in the wash."

Already reaching for his first button, Ryan frowned, "Jenna won't get suspicious?"

"I'll just say they're my clothes that I found under my bed. It's not like she knows every clothing item I own."

After grabbing a pair of sweatpants and a loose top, I walked back to Ryan and handed him them.

Of course, I turned around whilst he was getting changed, but I couldn't help but steal a small glance from my dressing table mirror.

He had a tan line, a really good one, too, and a few tattoos on his chest and ribs. He wasn't bad looking for his age, I'll give him that.

When he was finished getting changed, I took his shirt and jeans and made my way to the laundry.

Stepping back into my room, I noticed that Ryan was no longer in there.

I didn't know why until I saw Devin sitting on my bed, typing at his phone.

"Hey, Dev, what's up?"

He looked up from his phone, smiling, "Nothing, really, Jenna just wanted me to tell you dinner should be ready in a few."

I shook my head, holding back a yawn, "I'm actually pretty tired, so I'll probably just sleep early."

He rolled his eyes, standing up, "You're just going to raid the fridge at midnight, anyway."

I grinned, "I get hungry easily, okay?"

"Whatever," He chuckled, walking out of the room, "Just don't eat the last of the ice cream again."

"The mint, or chocolate?"

"Both," He said before closing the door, causing me to let out a small groan.

Devin had more of a sweet tooth than I did. I tried my best to hide the fact that I usually ate half of his food, but it wasn't the easiest thing to do when there's three people in the house.

Stepping out from the wardrobe, Ryan ran a hand through his hair to smooth it out.

"Are you sure I can stay here tonight?" He asked.

I nodded and moved to lock my door, "Yeah, of course. We don't have school tomorrow, so you can stay here for the day. If you want.."

Ryan sighed and took a step closer to my bed, "I have to work..."

I shrugged and walked to my bed, lying on my side, "There's always Sunday. Now come on."

He shook his head, but hopped in the other side of the bed, opting to lay on his back.

"Night, Rick," He mumbled after I turned off the light.

"Good night."

--

A/N: The next 7 chapters really won't be my best (this one included).. Personal shit is affecting my writing, and yeahh.. Don't expect too much, but do expect a few updates today/tonight...
xxx