Chapter 70

MAHAEPISODE

Ragini POV

It was late night after I had closed my book. I looked at the dark sky where the moon wasn't there. It was a non moon night. It was okay. I stood slowly up and stretched me.
I stood there and felt the wind blowing softly that kissed my skin. I looked to the sky up where the stars shined. Suddenly I had to think about maa.

Flashback

Nothing. Where was the moon. Only little stars. I looked at Maa. "Maa! Moon?! Where is it." She looked down and smiled lightly. "Ragini... the moon needs a break?" There was a light confusion in her voice. I smiled. "A break? Why?" She was staring at the dark sky. "Ragu... this is just the world but you don't know how big the galaxy is. You're just seeing the world, moon and stars. But what about the galaxy?" "Maa!" I shook her hand and she looked at me. She was back to the real world. "Ragini... should I tell you everything tomorrow. It's late." I nodded and hold her hand. "Come." We went to my room and lay me down. "Good night Ragu." "Good night maa." "Dream something." "You too." She kissed as always my nose and went outside the room.

Flashback ends

"Even when the moon isn't here I know that I can talk here with you maa. Just I always talk to the moon and think that's you but it isn't." I looked up and stared at a star. It shined brightly. "Maa... every little star is for something. A person? A wish? I don't know... I think for me these are the symbols of wishes. Right know. Shooting stars... these are perfect." I tucked my hair behind my ear and looked aside to take my book. "Maa... we had bought lehenga, jewellery for the engagement. Engagement!" I had to grin. "Maa very soon. In just few days I will take a new path. Such an important path for a woman..." I closed my eyes and felt the breeze again but this was more powerful. It was a pure feel of care. Of love. Of motherhood. There j felt a deep connection between me and maa. I opened my eyes let a tear dropped out and had a faint smile. "Thank you maa. Thank you so much."
I could clearly remember that I was at the terace and sat there on the chair. So how did I come here into my room. Who was there. Questions over questions. I stood slowly up saw at the calender. Tomorrow and the engagement will take place. I stood up and went to the bathroom and got me ready. I went to the desk and looked at my phone and checked everything up.
Good morning.
I looked at the screen and smiled. It was Laksh.

Laksh POV

I thought of visiting her and did it but that unexpected moment was that she wasn't in her room.

Flashback

I looked around and switched the light on to see her but she wasn't there. I looked around and knocked at the bathroom door, called her but didn't get any response. I looked at the clock and it was 11pm. I thought few seconds and recognised how dumb I really was. Her place. Her place where she can be in her world. The terace.
With fast steps , I tried not to be loud, steps I went the stairs up and was there and looked at a l sleeping Ragini. I went closer and was just lost and fascinated. The breeze let her hair flew softly through her face. Even when the moon wasn't presented I could see her. Her contours of her face. Her closed eyes. Her lips. I placed my hand on her head. She moved slowly closer to me and smiled while sleeping. I admired her innocence.
After a while I decided to bring her in her room. I stood up and carried Ragini. I went slowly the stairs down, in her room and lay her down on the bed. I sat there and watched her. She moved her here and there and a came closer to me and hold my hand. I had a faint smile. "Ragini..." I whispered. "I just love you... these are just three words but trust me I'll be with you. Till my last second of breath."
I smiled, kissed her for head and stood up. A last time I looked at my sleeping love and I went out of her room.