Chapter twenty-three: Jailbreak from Hell

Start from the beginning

Jay, the funny one. Sometimes we get along sometimes we don't, but that's okay. That's what Bros do. It took awhile for me to accept him and Nya being together, but that's okay too. Because whenever she isn't around him, I have a chance to hang out with him.

Last is my father. I don't know what to say for him, because there's too much to include. But before I die, what I wouldn't give to see and hear him one last time, just to the son he wanted me to be.

Suddenly, the door bursts open. I jumped then sat up quickly. It was still kinda hard to see. Then lights flashed on. I was able to see two ghouls carrying a guy in a samurai suit.

"Wakie Wakie, black ninja," One ghoul said.

The other ghoul laughed, "It's time for your next event, but this time, you can have a little buddy joining you in the fun."

When the first ghoul took off the guy's helmet, my eyes widened and gasped. I couldn't believe who it was.

It was my dad.

Dad struggled to break free from the ghouls grasp, but they were too strong. They then threw him into the cage and landed next to me. I helped him up as the ghouls laughed again.

"Master will be here in five minutes..." The second ghoul hissed.

The ghouls slammed the door shut. Dad panted a little as he looked up and saw me.

"C-cole?" Dad asked, "Is that you?"

"Dad!" I cried.

I tightly wrapped my arms around him. Dad did the same. I couldn't believe it. He was alive. But how? And why was he in a samurai suit?

We hugged for another ten seconds then we both pull away. I stared at his clothes then back at him.

"Umm...why are you wearing that?" I asked.

"I was fighting them off, son," Dad replied, "After you fell into a coma, I did everything I could to get you back, but sadly no success."

"Oh Dad that's - wait....I fell into a coma? When?"

"After you went completely nuts and attacked me. Do remember anything else before?"

"Yes," My voice cracked, "I'm so sorry, Dad. I didn't mean all of those things I said to you. I don't want you to die, and I love you.."

" I love you too," Dad replied calmly, "It was my fault for not telling you in the first place. You should've known the truth a long time ago."

I sighed, "Yeah, in a way, I guess we were both scared of ourselves."

Dad nodded, "Yes, I tried being a helpful, single father. But nonetheless, I was never honest to you."

Suddenly, the door opens. Zira was here. She laughed when she came over to us.

"Well well," Zira said, "If it isn't the whole family in one spot. Or should I say...what's left of it."

I grind my teeth in anger. I had enough of her. This has gone too far. I wanted to destroy her, but I dunno how.

"Now that my children are flying over to fetch my rings, it's time that you give up now."

"Never!" I screamed, "Ninja never quit! I know my friends are finding a way to rescue me."

Zira laughed, "I wouldn't be sure on that. Remember what I said, child. Your somewhat humans called 'friends' are too occupied at the moment. They won't last long without you around to protect them."

"Why spare me?" I asked, "Why spare us? Just kill me now then you'll win."

"I want to," Zira said, "Believe me I do, but I don't think you understand. You see, your powers are special, something unique. My dear Eloc has lived with you for years. You two are connected. If I kill you now, it'll break the line of pathways. I'll lose you see. However, once all five rings are in place, I can do anything I want to you..."