Epilogue: Without You

February 7, 2017

"Hold my hand and draw a circle
We shared this much together.
All of my heart is by your side
Your dream is by mine
Living and enduring
If we're together it's a little bit happier
It connects again without an end
can't live without you"

Performing.

It always gave Jiwoo an exciting sensation to be able to sing in front of people. Whether it be dancing to an idol group's song, or just on her own and her guitar, whether it be in front of family and friends or for strangers, it all gave her the same feelings. The warmth it gave was refreshing.

She had to admit, she really did miss this.

With one last strum of her guitar to the end of the song, she gotten a surprisingly loud round of applause by the people of Queen Kona's Cafe. Jiwoo stood from the stool and gave her respects to the kind audience, bowing to show her thanks. A grin tugged at her lips, the love and the attention from mere customers, it was nice, it made her heart race in pride. And it was even nicer that she was able to sing her boys' song as well, in a way of promoting them with her own little spin on it.

Earlier, she had decided to sing Hong Yoora's debut song as well today... She had thought about doing so for a month now, but she wanted to perfect it before she can. She wanted to do the song justice as her way to show that she wanted to be on okay terms with Yoora.

After performing a couple songs, Jiwoo hopped off the small stage to make her way over to the beaming Songyi, who have been her loudest supporter since the first time she agreed to sing for the cafe. The short-haired woman instantly grasped onto the younger's hands, shaking them in a very enthusiastic manner. "Jiwoo-yah, you were great as usual!" Songyi quipped, her eyes crinkling along with her bright smile. "I knew I did right to hire you for this thing. You're so popular now!"

"Ah, stop it, that's so weird to mention," Jiwoo chuckled, her nose scrunching just a bit at the thought.

Every Friday, she had been doing this. A small portion of the day, a good hour, she'd sing whatever songs she liked and practiced. Usually she'd play on her acoustic guitar, sometimes it'd be on the keyboard Songyi had bought specifically for the cafe, as she sang along with it. Little by little, since her first day performing, she had noticed more people coming in to listen... thus more people coming in to buy coffee and sweets. The musical gig for Jiwoo had ended up being much more successful that she originally planned.

"I also recorded you singing Underwater." In her hands, Songyi showed her the video file on her phone. "We haven't really been able to meet up with Yoora-yah because she's been so busy for a comeback but hopefully, she'll at least be able to watch the video and something can happen?"

"Hopefully."

Songyi's eyes suddenly diverted onto someone behind her, whom she had greeted properly. Jiwoo turned her heel, an instant grin to her lips to see Shaman Sanghyuk (wearing something much more casual than this robes) and Rosie this lovely afternoon. Jiwoo was quick to greet the couple. "Omo, I knew I've seen you two in the crowd!"

"You sang so beautifully, sweetheart," Rosie chimed, patting Jiwoo's cheek affectionately. "We're so happy to see you doing well nowadays. It's actually been a long while since we've seen you, so we had to swing by here to visit."

"Thank you, Rosie-sshi. I really do appreciate you two for coming."

Jiwoo suddenly felt a tug at the back of her sweater. She glanced behind at her unnie. "I'll go ahead and get back to tending the customers. You can go ahead and talk to them for a bit," Songyi murmured with a grin. Once getting a nod, the cafe manager wheeled herself away, leaving the three to go sit down at a nearby empty table.