Chapter 10: Reunion

A/n: Han Seungyeon as Hong Yoora

~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~

NCT 127 finally debuted.

And as far as Jiwoo could see from the very day they released the Firetruck music video and album, they were going to get widely popular. She was damn sure of it with the wave of positive comments she read. The boys were only gaining momentum, they're going to go far places with this unit.

And now, the brunette had finally made it to the M! Countdown venue, where the boys will be making their debut stage. For once, she had come around before the actual show begins. This gave her just enough time to do her usual ritual without the concern of security and time against her.

"Jiwoo, I have a question," Seokju said all of a sudden as they entered the spacious, empty auditorium. They had just parked and entered with their entrance cards hanging on a lanyard around their necks. "What are you wearing?"

Jiwoo's outfit today was far more... extravagant than usual. The girl had cracked and wore one of the few new blouses that Boram had bought her weeks ago, paired with black shorts and lace-up boots. Her hair was decently styled also, soft waves curtaining past her collarbone. With a touch of make-up, her look was done.

The composer glimpsed down at herself. "I kind of wanted to dress up for NCT 127's first stage..." Tucking a loose strand behind her ear, she pointed her thumb towards the open area where the audience would be. "I'm going to go ahead and leave the salt and talismans and I'll meet you backstage."

Much to Jiwoo's displeasure, the man had reached out and ruffled her hair. "Alright, but don't get caught like last time. Your poop keychains aren't going to help you every time." At such a reply, she shoved her cousin, a pout to her lips. "Okay, okay, I got it! Just stay out of trouble."

As Seokju walked off towards backstage, Jiwoo went to work. She'll have to admit, it was much easier this time around. With no audience to peeve off and the security somewhere else, she was able to do it all in a leisurely manner. She stood just in front of the gated stage, staring out into the dimly lit room, a wave of accomplishment pouring into her for successfully finishing her mission.

All of a sudden, the girl could hear her name being called in the distance. Whipping her head towards the sound, she noticed Haechan, WinWin, and Mark approaching her from the stage. She waved at her boys in greeting with a smile.

"Wow wow, is this our Shim Jiwoo?" Haechan chimed, squatting down so to be more within her height.

Jiwoo gave him a stern glance. "Hey, watch that tone, Haechan-ah, I'm your noona."

"Noona, please, this is my way in complimenting how pretty you suddenly look today~"

"What do you mean? I'm always pretty," she uttered, raising a closed fist. This earned a couple laughs from the boys. "You're asking for it!"

WinWin cut in next, surely to save the mischievous maknae. "Don't mind him, Jiwoo-noona. You really do look pretty today." Jiwoo grinned over at the Chinese boy, and teasingly sent him a finger heart out of gratitude. This didn't fail to get his cheeks flushed.

"So, what are you up to all alone?" Mark asked her next. "Seokju-sshi told us you might still be here."

"Oh, ah, I just like taking a good view of the room before it's filled up with screaming fan girls," Jiwoo replied with pursed lips. "It just makes me giddy that you all will be performing soon." Her eyes then darted back and forth the stage, in which a few stagehands were setting up equipment on. She was expecting to see a certain someone... "Where are the others?"