Chapter 12: Don't Shake Me Up

It has been two weeks since NCT 127 had seen their lovable Shim Jiwoo. They were all deathly worried about her but wasn't sure about what to do. Seokju had told them that she hasn't been able to participate in their activities was because of her own tasks that was given by her seniors. At this point, they weren't sure what to believe.

That was definitely not what Jaehyun believed.

After the day they had visited the Shaman, she closed herself off more and the black-haired vocal thought it'd be best to give her some time. Despite dying to know what had happened, he couldn't bring himself to ask her. Sure, it hurt a bit that she wasn't going to open up to him anytime soon, but he'll respect her wishes.

But has it been long enough? Could he go visit Jiwoo again at her studio?

He couldn't help but wonder if she were sleeping okay, eating properly, if she had her own time outside of the studio. Maybe some fresh air would do her some good, get the blood flowing, you know? Just anything so she won't stay cooped up in that room from day to night...

It was frustrating. He wants to see that smile on her face, one of genuine happiness.

He just wants to make her smile again.

"Congrats boys for a job well done on Music Bank!" The staff all applauded the NCT members, who had just finished off yet another promotional for tonight. The boys, who were exhausted from performing, bowed as they usually would to thank their crew for working hard with them. Seokju clapped his hands together, getting the attention back on him. "You've all been practicing well and your album has been pretty successful so far, so let's keep the promotions going strong!"

Just as the boys chimed in agreement with the older man, there was a sudden knock on the door. Seokju, being the closest, opened and was surprised to see it was Yoora's manager to be on the opposite side. At the sight of the short man, Seokju's eyes narrowed. "May I help you?"

"Ah, yes. Hmm, this is going to be such a weird request but is, uh, Shim Jiwoo here?" The manager asked cautiously, and quite frightened.

Shim Jiwoo.

The name brought a stiff silence in the green room. Every NCT 127 member and Minah were now intently listening, as to why Tangerine Entertainment's Hong Yoora would want to see their friend. But Jaehyun knew the secret, and his stomach was twisting in knots as to why the soloist wanted to see Jiwoo. At this, he had to be thankful that Jiwoo hadn't been here today.

"No, she is not," Seokju responded, voice much more stern than intended, but he couldn't help it. The thought of Yoora put a sour taste in his mouth. "May I ask why? Maybe I can pass on the message."

"Erm... well, no. Um, actually, Yoora said that if she's not here then she'd rather talk to someone else."

Seokju took defense. "Someone else?"

"Yes, one of your boys, Jaehyun?"

A confused expression crossed everyone's face, mostly the boy in question. Seokju glanced back at the very one and ushered that he come over, in which Jaehyun didn't waste time to do. "Did I do something?"

The manager shook his head quickly, reassuring him. "Not at all, but I've been told that if Jiwoo isn't here, you're the next person she'd want to talk to." The man had moved over, allowing Jaehyun to come out of the room. "If you please follow me, it won't take long."

"Hyung, please get me an autograph!" Haechan shouted out before Jaehyun was whisked away to who knows where.

It didn't take too long to reach their destination. The manager had led the young idol to a different room, one that was at the very end of the hallway. Opening the door, manager announced Jaehyun's arrival for the awaiting girl inside.