Chapter 3: Paju

A/n: Shin Hyejeong as Hwang Minah

~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~

"Jiwoo-yah, just watching you pace back and forth like that is making me anxious. Your cousin will be here soon."

Jiwoo and the first set of the staff have finally arrived to Paju at a good time. They were all preparing to film for when NCT 127 arrives to the facility. While as everyone was setting up cameras and equipment for the rookies, Jiwoo had gone inside an unoccupied resting room to have her meltdown. Minah decided to tag along with her, a bit worried and honestly, with nothing else to do.

"There's also no need to be wearing that mask inside. You're covering up your precious face," the young stylist murmured, a small frown to her lips. "We just got to Paju, why do you want to leave so quickly?"

Jiwoo turned her heel towards the older girl, pulling down her mask so she can talk to her properly. "Just because. Oppa should've told me about this or I wouldn't have come."

"But, why? This place is really nice, the air is fresh, and we get to watch NCT be stupid," Minah listed, pointing off on each finger. The older then narrowed her eyes at Jiwoo, a suspicious gaze. "You have something against NCT or what? Something you hiding?"

"It's that..." Jiwoo shifted sheepishly from one foot to the other. She might as well mention some of what happened a couple days ago. But she'll hold out on telling her about her superstition of possibly casting bad luck to idols with a mere touch or interaction... She's not sure as of yet if she wants to open that side of her to someone she only met a couple hours ago. "I might of met some of them a couple days ago and our meeting was kind of... Bad?"

"Bad first impression?" This somehow caught Minah by surprise. "But you're so cute and friendly. I bet it's something they did rather than you."

The darker-haired lass shrugged. "I guess so in a way." They shouldn't be on the seventh floor in any circumstances, so yeah, that's their fault, wasn't it?

"Do I need to reprimand them?" Minah offered, a sudden serious aura to her that Jiwoo wasn't expecting. "What did they do? Who was it? I'm pretty close to them, so I am totally allowed to do that."

"Unnie, no, it's okay!" The dark-haired lass waved her hand dismissively, that her stylist friend shouldn't have to go through that trouble for her.

"I bet that little shit, Donghyuck, was one of them, right?"

The younger paused. Minah must be telling the truth when saying that she's close to the boys. Just hearing the NCT 127 maknae's real name leave her lips could only mean that they're probably good friends. After all, she was their personal stylist, so she gets to see the boys plenty face to face.

"I promise, that's not needed," Jiwoo muttered. "But, I think I would much rather not see them after that day."

"That's a shame! I think it'd be really nice if I introduced you to them myself," Minah chimed as she began to unpack the belongings from her bag. "Then we can all hang out together!"

"I don't know about that."

"Oh c'mon, they're not too bad! They'll all grow on you." From her bag, she took out a one-piece swimsuit, holding it up for Jiwoo to see. "Do you have something to swim in, Jiwoo-yah? There's a pool here we can go to right after filming."