Chapter 6: The Day After

It was still dark.

Jiwoo cautiously sat up from her futon, the sleep already fading from her the moment she woke up. Glancing around at her surroundings groggily, she noticed the lack of light spilling in from the windows and the amount of still snoozing women around her. It must be too early in the morning.

She reached out for the phone just by her comforter to check the exact time.

5:37 am.

The poor brunette let out a sigh. Since when did her sleeping schedule get so screwed up?

As her vision adjusted to the darkness, the composer then realized a missing body from the bunch, one she had been sleeping next to. Her head whipped around the room for just a glimpse of the woman, but to no avail, she wasn't anywhere in sight. "Where did unnie go?" She whispered after a tired yawn escaped her lips.

Who knows, maybe Minah was an early bird.

"Maybe she woke up to watch the sunrise?" At the idea of seeing the starting morning view energized the young brunette more.

She had done it before with her odd hours. Since the composer works in her studio from 8 pm to 2 am at SM, she'll usually fall asleep the moment morning truly comes. Watching the sun rising out the window of her bedroom soothes her, and ultimately lulls her into sleep.

Oh.

Now that Jiwoo thought about it, this new proposition will need adjustments in her sleeping schedule again. Fantastic...

The young girl grabbed her baggy hoodie (Seokju's, to be exact) to throw over her simple black tee and cotton shorts and quietly left the sleeping quarters. Slipping on her shoes, she began walking around the establishment, just to find the perfect place to watch the sunrise. She'll have to admit that she enjoyed the lack of people bustling about. It makes for a serene environment, a more enjoyable time for herself.

The girl walked towards the back to the open grassy area where the fireplace talk segment was held.

"Oh!"

At the unexpected sound, Jiwoo flinched back in surprise. "You scared me!" She sputtered out, hand over her racing heart. On the spacious field, already dressed up for the day, was NCT's Chinese member. "Ah, WinWin, what are you doing up so early?"

She was able to get closer to him at yesterday's late night hang out, but he still seemed very reserved around her. The girl knew the boy was still struggling with his Korean, so it only made sense that he didn't talk as much as the others. Plus, maybe their first meeting at the seventh floor might have overwhelmed him.

However, she did feel like they passed the point of their relationship that they can casually greet each other just fine.

"Mmm, just morning stretches," the brunet boy uttered, running his slender fingers through his messy hair. The longer Jiwoo stared at the soon-to-debut idol, the more she can see the distressed expression on his face. She slightly frowned at this, what could have happened? "I couldn't quite sleep anymore, so..."

"As far as I know, you're allowed a few more hours to sleep," Jiwoo noted, thinking back on the day's schedule. "Was it a bad dream?" At the silence, she seemed to have hit the bullseye. "Do you want to talk about it? I don't want to force you to tell me though, but I have a knack of figuring out dreams."

WinWin looked unsure about the suggestion, but eventually, he gave in and told her. "Well, in my dream... it was just all kind of weird, but the thing I remembered most was that I died in it. The moment I died, I woke up... I couldn't sleep after that."