Chapter 18: Thinning Luck

A/n: Yoon Bora as Oh Songyi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shim Jiwoo was only 14 in 2010 when she auditioned for SM Entertainment.

She was an instant hit, wowing every one of the judges that day. Her phenomenal dancing was showcased through SHINee's Lucifer, with moves that looked to reciprocate to the five men near to perfect. She then showed her vocal prowess through a song she had made herself, one song she had been working on since the age of 12. With a guitar and her vocal cords, she made for a surprisingly emotional performance. She didn't fail to display a flow of charisma, which only further made the judges fall in love with her.

Jiwoo was, from then on, known as a prodigy amongst the trainees.

She had grown accustomed to her new life as a trainee in SM. She done her training, she worked her ass off.

The rigorous diets? She managed to get to the weight they told her to be.

The long hours of practice and exercise? She made it to each one and done everything 110%.

The amount of studying she did for Seoul of Performing Arts? She would stay up late into the night to get down everything she could.

Along with this, she tried her best to write a few songs here and there. She felt like her knowledge on composing and songwriting was one of the main reasons she passed to be a trainee. No way was she going to lose touch on that.

That all was fine, she adapted to it all too well. She managed to make friends during her time as a trainee. Friends like a couple boys named Youngho and Sehun, a few girls who excelled in dancing, a vocal princess named Yoora, and lastly a reliable unnie named Songyi.

And if life couldn't have been any better, she got to meet her favorite group SHINee... and be in good terms with them.

It all seemed like a dream.

Despite the times where training had been too much for her, she appreciated every single bit of everything. Maybe she was just so incredibly lucky.

Jiwoo certainly believed so when it was announced by the end of 2010 that Lee Sooman wanted to make a new girl group and she was a part of it along with Hong Yoora and Oh Songyi, two other people she had been close to.

Or so she thought.

Word had gone out about the new girl group. While some had congratulated the girls, some others... weren't as pleased.

Because really? Shim Jiwoo had only been in the company for like seven months! How could she have had this opportunity when there are many other waiting girls, some who waited years, haven't? Jiwoo hadn't suffered long enough. She wasn't prepared. She was too young.

They were going to debut May 29, 2011, right around Jiwoo's birthday.

Eventually, as the three had been preparing themselves for the great debut, the malicious comments had finally taken a toll to Jiwoo.

And who wouldn't? She was only 14 years old. If anything, she was at her most sensitive age, to when criticism was going to break her no matter what. The constant comments... the indirect hate, she tried to withstand them all. She tried to stay strong. But she could only take in so damn much of it.