Chapter 5: Closer

Jiwoo guessed that she finally cracked.

She decided to stick by Minah just when NCT were finishing up their filming for the day. It would only be rude to go and hide after being offered food. The boys didn't have to give her any of their food, it was voluntary, out of their kind hearts. Jiwoo was part of the staff that had to follow staff rules, to not be treated like part of the boy group.

But, that wasn't the case.

And now that she was watching the boys do their last segment around the fake fireplace, this gave her a good opportunity to note each of their personalities. The way they all acted casual together, joking and teasing, as well as talked with sentiment, Jiwoo could only appreciate them more. Her better understanding on them would benefit her later, she was sure. She'll create songs that will match their style.

The filming was nearly done now. The staff mentioned that the two youngest, Mark and Haechan, to go head to bed early. The two complained a bit, wanting to have a little bit more fun before then, but as it was 10, they had to obey to what they agreed before. So then went the duo, walking with some the staff so to know where they would be sleeping.

Filming came to a close at the fake fireplace.

Neomu areumdaun-daun-daun-daun view
Neomu areumdaun-daun-daun---

Jiwoo's heart began racing at the sound of her ringtone blasting out of the blue. With the attention of the crew around her, she was quick to apologize for disturbing the serene atmosphere. She bowed and mumbled out more sorries to everyone as she stepped away so to take the call in privacy.

She blinked in surprise.

What would the main man of SM himself need from her? Definitely not someone she would expect to be calling her at this particular time.

Her hand cupped the microphone of the phone, just to make sure that no one would be able to eavesdrop.

"Hello, Soo Man-sshi?" The brunette murmured out in greeting. She pursed her lips, just hoping the reason for his call isn't too urgent. "Is there something I need to do for you? I kind of am not at the building at the moment..."

"Oh no, I know you aren't," Lee Soo Man replied. "Seokju told me that he brought you with him to supervise the boys. I didn't think you would agree."

An agitated sigh left the girl's lips. "I was totally tricked!"

She could hear the man chuckling at the other end of the line. "Ah, so that's how it is. Nonetheless, I'm very pleased that you'll be able to get to know the boys you're working with."

"But Soo Man-sshi--"

"Shim Jiwoo, I really want you to work and get to know them personally," Soo Man interjected. "In that sense, you'll be able to create songs that would fit them perfectly. I know you're a talented girl, but I want this project for you to work out well, and this is the best way to succeed... you want to do exceptionally well, right?"

Jiwoo could feel the adrenaline fill her veins at the question. "I do!" she answered instantly. "I really want to word hard for NCT."

"That's good to hear." She could imagine him smiling in content at her reply. "Granted, if it eases your mind, we don't have to admit that you're their composer, but it would be good to tag along to their activities and get to know them very well."

"Ah, yes sir."

"I just hope that your beliefs won't render you to doing this. If anything ever happens, we'll figure something out."