Chapter 1: NCT's Main Composer

A/n: Kim Jisoo as Shim Jiwoo

~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~

NCT U gained lots of attention for the past few months and that was just what Jiwoo was hoping for.

The 20 year old girl couldn't help but feel giddy in her studio, just remembering back to that day when she had to secure the boys' success with her charms at Music Bank. It undoubtedly worked and that only made Jiwoo more determined to work harder as one of SM's composers. After all, the future of the entirety of NCT rests in her hands... in a way.

Yes, she's a young woman who could be easily mistaken as one of the many trainees at the music company, but she shouldn't be underestimated. Lee Soo Man wouldn't have hired her for the job if she wasn't highly qualified. The main man knew Jiwoo's incredible talent and made sure to snatch her up as fast as possible... Sure, maybe her older cousin, Han Seokju, who also worked in SM might've influenced the decision, but that was besides the point. The point here was that Shim Jiwoo may have been the mind behind hit songs from the past three years.

Whether she worked on the song fully by herself or helped her sunbaes with it, the song would either become award winning or an obvious fan favorite. To name a few recents; Call Me Baby, Lion Heart, Dumb Dumb, and her absolutely most precious one, View, and a good handful from SHINee's Odd album.

She had been dubbed by Soo Man as SM's good luck charm. Jiwoo had to laugh at that. That made her happy to know, to know that she was greatly needed for the company she enjoyed so much. Even though she felt her own good luck trinkets may have rubbed off on her for the company, she'll greatly accept it. She was more than willing to be SM's good luck charm.

An honor, really.

But then she had to be thrown into this new proposition.

Her cousin was the one to relay the news of this brilliant idea of SM's founder. Jiwoo could remember that day clearly, despite it being more than half of a year ago.

"Have you heard the rumors of this 40 member boy group that will debut in April?" Seokju told her all of a sudden late that night while he visited her personal studio as per usual.

Jiwoo had been working on a new song, more for her own enjoyment as she didn't have a clear idea who it would go to. (That song ended up being Rude Love). "Yeah, I've heard of it, but I don't know much else. What of it?"

"Well, Soo Man-sshi may have told me a little something something about it that involves you."

"Me?"

"Yeah. He kind of wants you to be the main composer for the group."

The memory of Jiwoo nearly choking on her coke came to mind. "Um wait, excuse me?"

"Lee Soo Man has a lot of faith in this new group, and with the whole 40 members in subunits thing, he thought having you on the team would make them the next biggest boy group in South Korea. I mean, look at EXO." Seokju had given her a pat on her shoulder, in which she recoiled to. "He trusts you a lot, as well as me. You are capable of this!"

"But what about the other groups and singers? And the whole SM Station thing? Won't juggling all of that be a bit too much?"

"That's why he's only going to let you focus on just the new group."

And after much contemplating over the idea, it had sparked the start of Shim Jiwoo's involvement with SM's newest group, Neo Culture Technology.

So far, she had been on a roll creating the basis of NCT U's songs 7th Sense and Without You. She had the beat and the right sound. And the experimenting with different styles were so enjoyable. Jiwoo may have thought giving all her attention to NCT might be too difficult, but it was refreshing. Not every song had to be the same as the last. From Pop to an edgy feel to one with killer vocals, NCT may be the group that could bring out her full potential.