Chapter 8: Denial

Shim Jiwoo was at the junkyard where NCT 127 would have their jacket photoshoot for their album. A normal Friday day, in the middle of the blazing day. The girl stood along with her crew mates, waiting for the pictorial to start, and more importantly, waiting for the big reveal on what concept style the rookie group would look like.

Two days prior, Jiwoo had been forbidden to see any of the boys, since Minah was in the process of changing their hairstyles for their major debut. The brunette had tried hard to get the boys crack and send her a selfie so she could see, but they were damn persistent. She was so unbelievably close on getting WinWin to doing so, but the others had taken the Chinese boy's phone before he could do a thing.

So, after her many failed attempts, she impatiently waited for this day. And now that the day has come, she felt like Minah was taking her time styling the boys just to spite her.

"Sweetheart..."

The young composer glimpsed up and spotted her cousin, who was just then conversing with the photographer, approaching her. Straightening her posture, she gave her cousin a short wave. "Hello, oppa."

"You look a bit restless."

An annoyed huff left the girl's lips. "It's silly! You'd think I would be allowed to see the boys before anyone else, right?" Jiwoo stopped herself, her mind's gears turning at her statement. "Man, I don't know, that just sounded greedy."

"You have a right to be a bit greedy," Seokju chortled, patting her head affectionately. "You are quite close to the boys now... a little too close."

There was a sudden pressure against her head. "Oh my god, excuse you, why are you in overprotective mode? Wasn't me being close to the boys your plan?" Jiwoo jeered, narrowly eying her cousin.

"A bit too close."

"I barely see the boys. Today is seriously my first on site job as an intern with this schedule. What are you implying?"

Seokju stood in front of the girl, bending over so to keep eye contact. "I'm saying that you need to be careful. They're a rookie group."

"Seokju-oppa, come on now. This is stupid. First of all, it's barely a month since I've been acquainted with them. Secondly, I know SM's dating rules very well. And thirdly, why on earth would any of the boys like me--OUCH! Did you just flick me?!" Jiwoo rubbed at her stinging forehead, her face contorted into an obvious peeved frown.

"I can openly agree to the first two, but the last one is bullshit, Jiwoo-yah," the man huffed, his brows furrowed together. "Why are you putting yourself short? You're a pretty and likable girl. I'd be surprised if none of those boys didn't have any kind of attraction to you."

"Dear god, that is so weird to hear. You need to stop."

"Are you blushing, Shim Jiwoo?" Her lips trembled before rejecting out a sputter to her cousin. "Wow. You're still not any better at lying. None of the boys caught on yet?"

"Shut up."

"The boys are ready!" Meirin proclaimed for everyone to hear. At the words, people began bustling around to make sure they were ready for the photoshoot to commence. Jiwoo could only stand alongside Seokju, waiting in anticipation on what the boys looked like.

Eventually, one by one, NCT 127 appeared. And one word she could describe the boys' new look was... electrifying. Literally.

"Oh my lord." Bursts of giggles left the girl's lips at the sight of the group. It was an overwhelming style and she couldn't really say she hated any of it, while even some things were questionable. It all somehow fit altogether well. "You all look hot."