Chapter 4: Acquainted

Well, it was nice to ride on that success of NCT for a good, short while.

Maybe, Soo Man-sshi won't demote me too much?

Hopefully... He'll still allow me to work in SM.

... Right?

With a strained smile, Jiwoo walked over to the awaiting boys and Minah. Her nerves were through the roof now, her mind completely occupied of the consequences to come. Maybe if she visits the shaman right after this horrible trip trap, she can save the boys' career one way or another.

"Guys, this is my new best friend, Shim Jiwoo," Minah introduced the moment the girl reached them. With the exception of Haechan, the three youngest all held shocked expressions at her presence. She noticed, but decided not to voice it. "She's our newest addition to the team!"

Regardless of the obvious tension between the new girl and the younglings, NCT's leader was the first to greet her. "Hello, I'm Taeyong, welcome! Please take care of us," he chimed as he held out his hand towards her.

Hesitant movement, but Jiwoo eventually met his hand with hers. "I will try my best. There's also no need for introductions, I've made sure to know who is who."

"Ah, that's great, so you must know about me then?" Japanese member, Yuta, asked next with a wink that threw the girl off guard.

Minah let out a giggle as she stood by bewildered Jiwoo's side for mere support. "Ah, Yuta, please, don't scare her off!" She averted her attention onto the younger. "Where did you just come from?"

A sheepish look crossed the brunette's face as she held up her banana milk. "I was just at the kitchens to grab a drink."

"Oh, so you must've seen Donghyuck, then," Minah quipped knowingly. "He didn't do anything to you, did he?"

Pursed lips. "No. Why would he?"

As she said that, she could see Mark, WinWin, and Jaehyun's faces contort into confusion. They must know that their maknae would be the one to approach her. They knew her, she knew them, a chatty and nosy Haechan would be expected.

"Well, that's good," Taeil responded next with a nod. "He tends to leave a big impression on people. Sometimes, not a good one."

Ha, you sure got that right!

Jiwoo only shrugged in a nonchalant manner. "Well, who knows, maybe he can leave a good impression next time."

"Aw, that's the spirit!" Minah beamed, giving Jiwoo's shoulder a good smack. A smirk pulled at the older's lips as she asked, "That just means you'll be hanging out with us more, yeah?"

The composer eyed her unnie, not believing how stupidly she walked into that. Minah sure does have this skill on putting words Jiwoo doesn't mean into her mouth. She is going to screw herself over one day with mistaken promises.

"We'll have to see," the brunette murmured. "Being an intern doesn't give me that much free time."

"You're an intern?"

The girl's slitted eyes landed instantly on Jaehyun. Her lips were pressed into a thin line from the sudden anticipation. That boy wasn't going to call her out, was he? To admit that he saw her on the seventh floor?

They held their stares for one another for a good moment before Jiwoo bared a small grin and answered slowly, "Yeah, what else would I be?"

"On the seventh floor?"

Omo, I didn't think he'd flat out say it...

The others glanced over at Jiwoo with shock. "Hold on a second," Yuta uttered, a laugh out of his disbelief. "Are you, by any chance, ghost girl?!"