Falling Back Together

"Okay," Camila said flopping down on the bed next to Lauren. "I have an idea for our duet, actually you had an idea for our duet," she laughed loudly while Lauren just watched her with amused eyes.

Camila had gotten out of the shower an hour ago and some point between then and now, the towel had dropped to a pile on the floor, not yet replaced by clothes and Lauren was having trouble concentrating on the task at hand, she knew they needed to work on their duet, come up with ideas and all that good stuff, but Camila was naked, stark naked and completely unashamed, mot to mention completely oblivious to Lauren's dry mouth and wandering eyes as she raked up and down Camila's body from the top of her head to the tips of her toes, admiring every freckle, scar, curve, and every bite mark she had left behind on Camila's otherwise perfect skin.

"Lauren are you even listening to me?" Camila groaned, rolling over onto her back, Lauren's eyes falling on perfectly round, perfectly perky breasts.

"I was, um, well no," Lauren admitted and Camila rolled her eyes, turning to slap Lauren's arm with the journal in her hands. "Is that my journal?" Lauren asked as she scanned the front cover, black leather with a small gold 'L' in the right hand top corner. "That is my journal, why do you have that?"

"Well if you had been listening to me," Camila said, trying not to sound too annoyed. "You would have heard me say that when you were in the shower earlier you left it open on your desk and well, curiousity got the best of me and I snuck a peak and then somehow and I don't even know how exactly, it was like magic really, the pages started flipping and-"

"You snooped through my journal? Camz, that's private-"

"I know, I know and I'm sorry," Camila shrugged, her body language and smile giving off a vibe that she really wasn't sorry at all. "But I found this," she said opening to one of the front pages, this poem thing you wrote, I think we could turn it into a song, just needs a tune and we can add a little to it," Camila smiled and Lauren narrowed her eyes, a smile of her own playing at the corners of her mouth.

"I'm gonna take a wild guess, you know, really go out on a limb here and say you've already added to it," Lauren laughed out as Camila nodded and climbed over Lauren to pull out a crinkled piece of paper from under her pillow, ignoring the way Lauren's breath hitched as her naked body slid innocently across Lauren's arms and torso. "This is really good," Lauren mumbled as Camila curled into her side, her hands firm around the paper Camila had handed her.

"You think?" Camila asked, smiling inwardly when Lauren hummed her approval. "Good, so I was thinking we could write the rest of it together, it's simple and it's sweet and I really like what you wrote already, who did you write it about?"

Lauren let out a laugh and shook her head in disbelief, "Look at the date at the top of the page," she breathed out as Camila rolled off of her and retrieved the notebook that had somehow been pushed to the end of the bed, her back facing Lauren as she flipped to the right page. "Well, tell me Camz, who is it about?" Lauren asked, soft fingers moving to trace a line from the base of Camila's neck, down her spine to the curve of Camila's bottom.

"Me, it's about me, you wrote this after our first date," Camila laughed, a sweetness in the sound as it rang in Lauren's ears. "How come you never showed it to me?"

Lauren bit her lip as Camila turned to face her, "Mm I didn't, I just," Lauren whispered. "I didn't think it was that good I guess."

Camila rolled her eyes and shuffled back to Lauren, pressing her lips softly on Lauren's, small open mouth kisses shared between the two before Camila replied, "I love it, I love you so much, Laur. You're my best friend you know, you're the apple in my eye."